cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Want to know how to get the most out of our community?

Hey, I'm Michelle and I wanted to tell you about our community and how it's packed full of useful information, answers and has a horde of active members waiting to help or just to say hey! We know forums can be a little daunting at times, so here are some of my useful tips to help you get the most out of the community:

Get Searching

Search is the quickest way to locate the information you're after, use the big red box above. If you don't find what you're after you can always post your own question.

Search now

Get stuck in

Prefer to jump straight into the community? Checkout the yellow "browse" tab over on the left hand side, here you'll find the entire community at your fingertips.

Try now

Join the party!

Had a peek around the community already? If so you'll no doubt want to join us, just hit register below and follow the instructions. Don't worry I'll still be here to help once you've registered.

Register now

Broadband continuously dropping out

31 REPLIES
Highlighted
Grumpy
Chat Champion

My broadband has been dropping out for days, I get around 20 minutes connection then "dump" down it goes again, desktop (wired), phone and tablet (both wifi), I don't game, I don't download heavy files, all I use it for is social network, browsing and paying bills, I have an HG 633 Router and have only computer and landline connected

KeithFrench
Community Star

The firmware V1.20 & 1.21 on the HG633 both have a bug in them that might be the cause of your problem (assuming that you do not have an unstable line - is there any noise on it?).

I will pass this now for you to one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and they will investigate it for you.

The forum is not real time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use on-line chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TT will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Grumpy
Chat Champion

Thanks for the reply, no, no noise on the line, just a part time connection, I'm sure my personals are up to date but will check

Community Team

Hi Grumpy,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which has detected a potential router fault. Do you have an alternative router that you can test with?

Does your master socket also have a test socket?

Thanks

Grumpy
Chat Champion

Hi Michelle, there is a test socket, I used to run my last router directly from it but one of your engineers put a front cover on it, This router was sent as a request by the same engineer to cure a similar problem, I did not retain the previous router and I have no other

Community Team

Hi Grumpy,

Ok, would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to see how the connection compares and to rule out any issues with the current router.

Thanks

Grumpy
Chat Champion

I can try that providing there will be no charge, thank you

Community Team

Hi Grumpy

The replacement router is on its way (there will be no charge for this) Please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Grumpy
Chat Champion

Hi Debbie,

Sorry for the delay, arrived home from holiday last night, i recieved the new router and have installed it, I was about to say that I would try it for a couple of days and let you know but as I hit "Post" the connection dropped and I got the "Lets get you connected" pop up page (That's about as useful as a  chocolate fireguard)so I will try it for a couple of days and see if it settles, not very hopeful but we never know 

Grumpy
Chat Champion

Well this is very frustrating, odd drop outs friday night, same Sat out for nearly an hour, dropped out today an hour ago, rebooted several times but just sat here watching it "intializing" . Error reference: No sync

Grumpy
Chat Champion

Internet dropped out Sunday 03/09/2017 at:

13.45 pm until 16.30 pm
17.10 pm    "    17.40 pm
18.00 pm    "     18.10 pm

Multiple reboots all afternoon, getting really annoyed

And just as I pressed "Post" at 18.13 lost it again for 7 minutes, this really is getting unfair

Grumpy
Chat Champion

Well, most of Sun night it was in and out like a fiddlers elbow, few minutes up few minutes down, too frequent to record it all, please sort it out :(

Grumpy
Chat Champion

Still dropping connection

Community Team

Hi 

The drops today will have been the line tests i have just completed,  The tests haven't picked up any issues,  When the connection drops does the internet light on the router either go out or just turn red? 

Also when you replaced the router,  Did you replace all cables and filters aswell? 

Grumpy
Chat Champion

I didn't notice the lights on the router but i will keep an eye on them and report back

Yes, everthing was changed, all cables, power supply and micro filter

Community Team

OK, thanks

Chris

Grumpy
Chat Champion

Over the weekend it was slightly better,  occasional drop out for a couple of minutes, I have noticed that just before it drops out loading a page becomes really slow. This morning, despite rebooting the router 7 or 8 times i had no internet available  for over an hour. the internet light on the router went out without turning red and the others just flickered. sad thing is I have had to visit the library to answer emails because I can't trust my own connection 

2nd attempt:

Fortunately I copied and pasted the above before I hit "post" and true to form I got "internet is not available"

Grumpy
Chat Champion

Dropped out again 2.05 pm until 2.35 pm. Now i have had no connection since 4.05 pm. Been rebooting it for over an hour.  Now I'm using phone data to write in here, not very impressive

Grumpy
Chat Champion

Down time 9.05 pm to 9.35 pm

Line Quality

Upstream line rate (kbit/s):
Downstream line rate (kbit/s):
Upstream noise safety coefficient (dB):
Downstream noise safety coefficient (dB):
Upstream interleave depth:
Downstream interleave depth:
Line standard:
ADSL_G.dmt.bis
Upstream line attenuation (dB):
Downstream line attenuation (dB):
Upstream output power (dBm):
Downstream output power (dBm):
Channel type:
Interleaved
DSL up-time:
0 days 0 hours 7 minutes 30 seconds
Community Team

Hi Grumpy

Apologies for this.

I can see the re connections on the line. Is the replacement router connected at the test socket?

Once we have confirmed this then we can raise this fault over to our Network Team for investigation.

Thanks

Debbie