Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Broadband died

55 REPLIES 55
Loudkitten
Team Player

All Saturday there was no broadband or dial tone just a engaged tone if you dialed my number from another phone it said it was a invalid number 

Sunday the phone worked again but the internet still is not working ,when will this be fixed ?

KeithFrench
Community Star

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team

Hi Loudkitten,

I'm sorry for the delay. The line test hasn't detected a fault and the line is currently in sync. Is the connection ok at the moment?

Thanks

Loudkitten
Team Player
Thanks but it's no better it connects but it's so slow most sites time out I cannot use it on this site . I have tried two routers in the main box and both had similar results slow unusable speeds I cannot even use a speed test site because it times out
Community Team

Hi Loudkitten,

Thanks for the update and I'm sorry to hear this. I've re-checked the connection stats and I can see that the SNR and sync speed are varying quite a bit.

Does your master socket have a test socket? Is the voice service still ok at the moment with no noise on the line?

Thanks

Loudkitten
Team Player
The voice service seems fine now if was only on Saturday it went down I will have a go at the test socket when the builders are out the way thanks for your help.
Community Team

Hi Loudkitten,

Ok thanks. Please let us know once the router is connected to the test socket and we can re-check the connection stats again to see how it compares 🙂

Thanks

Loudkitten
Team Player
Things are getting worse the voice has gone to engaged tone there is no internet at all but I do have it plugged into the test socket with micro filter
Loudkitten
Team Player
If this requires a home visit I need warning because the area needs to be made ok with the builders
Community Team

Hi Loudkitten

Apologies for this.

Is the voice fault (engaged tone) still present if you test with a corded handset at the test socket, with the router removed from the line?

If you dial 1571, do you receive a message to advise there are messages waiting on the line?

Thanks

Debbie

Loudkitten
Team Player
The continuous engaged tone has now gone and the dial tone is back,this is weird stuff all I can do is try the other router in the test socket if you want.
Community Team

Hi Loudkitten

Yes please, do you have a spare router to test with? (If not then I can send a replacement)

Thanks

Debbie

Loudkitten
Team Player
The engaged tone fault is present at test socket I never got the chance to remove the router before the dial tone returned again and 1571 says I'm not subscribed to the service thanks for your help
Community Team

Hi Loudkitten

How often is the engaged tone present? (daily)

Thanks

Loudkitten
Team Player
Ive changed the router and micro filter and it's all in the test socket , after a while it managed to connect but its so slow Google search page takes about a minute to load if it don't time out. Ive only ever heard the continuous engaged tone Saturday when the troubles started and today thanks for your help
Community Team

Hi Loudkitten

Your line is showing in sync at 16.8mb. Please can you run a speed test using a wired connection?

Thanks

Debbie

Loudkitten
Team Player

Ok I give it a go when I can borrow something with a lesd it  don't seem hopeful I've just tried three WiFi devices from about one metre away and no joy one was even a fresh install

Loudkitten
Team Player
Still got no lead but engaged line fault again zero internet and all this using different micro filter and router plugged into test socket
Loudkitten
Team Player

Since 6pm yesterday it appears to be working ok thanks. (I will probably regret saying that )

Community Team

Ok, there was an outage in the exchange on Sunday, There may still be work being carried out. 

Continue to monitor.