cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Broadband died

Loudkitten
Team Player
This evening my download speed in between 0.5 & 0.9 Mbps for what I use this connection for I would be happy with anything over 5 Mbps please
Loudkitten
Team Player
This morning it's 130Kbps it must be a huge job at the Dartford exchange following last weekends outage, if that is still the problem
Community Team

Hi Loudkitten,

Your current sync speed is 16.3Mbps, are you still experiencing the low throughput speeds?

Chris

Loudkitten
Team Player
Just done a test in the test socket and it's 110kbps it's only since last weekend I've had a problem and this device connects to my mobiles hotspot with no problem I will try another device later
Community Team

OK I've reset your data port, could you run a couple of speed tests at least 10 minutes apart on the My Account speed checker, and let us know how you get on

Thanks

Chris

Loudkitten
Team Player
Test one download 0.2Mbps upload 0.8Mbps Test two download 0.2Mbps upload 0.8Mbps there was errors "a socket error occurred during the test please try later" there appears to be a more advanced test if I could sign into my talk talk account but it keeps timing out at the moment, do you want me to try and sign in again and use this tool?
Community Team

Thanks for running the test - Yes could you please try signing in and try the My Account speed test tool

Thanks

Chris

django68
Conversation Starter

Apologies for crashing into your thread @Loudkitten but I have had EXACTLY the same symptoms at the same times as you and I am also connected in Dartford.

I have thread Super Slow Broadband.

I just eanted to point out the potential connection. I won't butt in again.

All the best

Andrew

Loudkitten
Team Player
No problem django68 anything that gives them a clue to where the problem is. It does add a lot weight to there being a on going fault at the Dartford exchange
Community Team

Hi Loudkitten,

Did you have any luck with the My Account speed test?

Chris

Loudkitten
Team Player
Im sorry the talk talk connection is so bad I can't run the account test
Loudkitten
Team Player
My broadband speed this evening was 55Kbps if this was the dail-up era I would be thanking talktalk
Community Team

Hi Loudkitten

I can see that the SNR is dropping low and this can affect the stability and performance of the connection.

Have you tested with a different router at the test socket? I can then escalate this over to our Network Team for investigation.

Thanks

Debbie

Loudkitten
Team Player
My two routers and two microfilters produce similar abisimal results when plugged into test socket I also tried a old wired device that also produced the same leisurely speeds
Loudkitten
Team Player
The line seems free of crackling but the voice generator and tone have a noticeable hiss.
Community Team

Hi Loudkitten,

Thanks for confirming this. I've passed the slow throughput speed over to our Network Team now for investigation. If you don't hear back by the end of today then please can you bump your thread and we can re-check for an update for you.

Thanks

Loudkitten
Team Player
No internet or voice service this morning
Community Team

Hi Loudkitten,

Apologies, this may be due to our Network Team completing some tests and I'll let you know as soon as I know more.

Thanks

Community Team

Hi Loudkitten,

Our Network Team have advised that the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further so I'm just sending you a Personal Message to confirm some details.

Please do not post any personal information on the Community, reply via Personal Message (PM) only.

Thanks

Loudkitten
Team Player
I will have to wait until the builder removes the acrow props from the area. I doubt the open reach engineer will make any diifference judging by the other customers having simular issues in the Dartford area