cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Broadband died

Community Team

Hi Loudkitten,

Ok. Our Network Team advised that the line test detected a potential issue with the copper line which is why they have recommended an engineer visit to investigate further.

Thanks

Loudkitten
Team Player
The test may well suggest a problem with the copper wire but the engineer will still need unrestricted access the main box I am hoping the builders make the area clear by next week
Community Team

Hi Loudkitten,

Ok thanks for the update and we can arrange the engineer visit as soon as we hear back from you.

Thanks

Loudkitten
Team Player
There is a known fault now so I guess I don't need the engineer next week
Community Team

Hi Loudkitten,

To progress this we'll still need to arrange the engineer visit

Chris

Loudkitten
Team Player
I've been using my mobile as a WiFi hotspot for so long now I don't think I need talktalk broadband it's not worth the agro. The weather is causing delays in moving the acrow props so no engineer untill later next week
Community Team

I'm sorry for any inconvenience, just let us know when you'd like the engineer visit and we'll arrange this for you

Chris

Loudkitten
Team Player
There is a lull in the building work so can you arrange a engineer visit next week please. I doubt there's anything wrong with the line because the voice service is clear
Loudkitten
Team Player
Talktalk unexpectedly called me last week about arranging a engineer to sort the problem, now that I've cleared the area of builders and builders junk itt all goes quite
Loudkitten
Team Player
My voice service is dead again maybe some work is happening at the Dartford exchange
Community Team

Hi Loudkitten,

Can you just confirm that your router is currently switched on (it's showing not in sync at our end)

Chris

Loudkitten
Team Player
Router is on continuous engaged tone on voice
Community Team

Hi Loudkitten,

Yes there's an open incident now at your exchange affecting voice and broadband, I'll let you know when I receive any further updates, apologies for any inconvenience

Chris

Loudkitten
Team Player

Oh my phone and broadband has returned at a usable speed guess my copper wire problem has sorted itself . I will not be trusting  the service for some considerable time

django68
Conversation Starter

@LoudkittenSame here. I told them of the corealtion of our incidents but they ignored it and wasted time sending out replacement routers, hubs, BT engineers instead of looking at the exchange.

Community Team

Hi,

I'm glad to hear that your service has been restored and your speed has improved, I'm sorry for any inconvenience caused by this issue.

Chris