cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Broadband down, chat line like hitting my head against a wall!

Highlighted
Colin59
Conversation Starter

Well it's 13:05pm, I'm thinking my day has been wasted waiting for the engineer.

Highlighted
Kiko4564
Super Duper Contributor
That's unfortunate to hear. Hopefully an OCE will be along to assist shortly. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. 🙂
Highlighted
Colin59
Conversation Starter

Whilst out this morning a message was left by TalkTalk about the missing engineers visit, just bracing myself for a 'chat' with them.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Colin59

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Have you spoken to our Faults Team since your last post?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Colin59
Conversation Starter

Came in this afternoon to find internet down, phoned help line, automated voice said fault had been fixed, err no, anyway got through to a person, as we where speaking internet came back on, line checks from them say fault outside property, another OR engineer is being booked, but probably doesn't need me in, raised the question as to what is happening about the missed engineer visit, just done a speed check 2.2Mb, yep that's a bit slow.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Colin59,

Thanks for the update and I'm sorry to hear this. Please let us know how you get on following this engineer investigation.

Thanks

Highlighted
Colin59
Conversation Starter

OR engineer came this morning, reset the line and it jumped back up to 13Mb, no fault was found on the line, as it's a intermittent fault that's not surprising. As an aside he replaced a mechanically faulty mk4 faceplace, but we don't think that was the problem as it was showing fault free before being replaced, but at least now I don't have the faceplace held on with Sellotape, not sure if anyone else has had the problem, but the faceplace looks perfectly sound, but it doesn't lock in properly, I guess there is a small moulding problem with the plastic.

All I'm waiting for now is TalkTalk to announce the FTTP over Openreach equipment, this should be " this calendar year" according to Tristia, that's today!

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Colin59,

Thanks for the update and I'm glad to hear that the speed has increased. Please let us know how the speeds compare over the next couple of days.

Thanks

Highlighted
Colin59
Conversation Starter

[quote]Please let us know how the speeds compare over the next couple of days.[/quote]

At first the speeds where around 10/0.40, eventually the upload got back to somewhere near normal, so I have been seeing around 10/0.60 for several days now. I would note we have had hardly any rain since the visit.

Highlighted
Community Team

Hi Colin59,

Ok thank you for the update and please let us know if the rain does have any effect on the stability and speed.

Thanks 🙂