Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Broadband down

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
First Timer

My broadband is slow during the day and after 8pm seems to go down completely what is going on

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @michellevinten ,

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to do a test on your phone line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault on your line.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a dial tone and no noise on the line).

For one of the TalkTalk OCE's on this forum to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number & alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to check your connection and your router.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

Highlighted
First Timer

I don’t use a land line and as I’m not connected to WiFi I can not check anything on the broadband as my phone will only work on my data if the Wi-Fi on phone is off,I am stuck every night with no broadband it’s ridiculous 

Highlighted
Community Star
Hi, if you have a login to the TalkTalk 'My Account' site then you can access the Service Centre from there, so you may be able to do that from your phone when using a data connection.

However as long as you fill in your community profile then the staff on this forum will be able to identify you, and they will then be able to run some checks on your line when they pick this topic up (hopefully tomorrow).
Highlighted
First Timer

Tomorrow I can call them but 2days running it’s gone down at 8pm and my son says has been very slow all day

Highlighted
Community Star

You don't necessarily need to call them, the staff on this community site will be able to help, you will just need to fill in your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number & alternative contact number.

Then within a day or so one of the staff on this site should respond by replying to this topic and will be able to help you.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Highlighted
First Timer

Mine is the same I’ve tried running a test but won’t let me!! Annoying 😳

Cheryl ?
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi michellevinten

Can you add the home phone number or account number to your 'Community Profile' so I can locate your account and check the connection.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi @CHERYLSH23

If you start your own thread (new message), wed love to help.

Weve found that posting in someone elses conversation makes it harder to follow when looking for an answer.

Its easier and quicker if we can chat with you in a single thread, if you start your own thread, that will keep our community organised and help others with a similar problem.

Check your home phone number or account number are also added to your Community Profile as that will really help us to find your details quicker.

Thanks

Karl

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE