Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband dropping off....

Hangingbyathread
Team Player
Message 12 of 12

Hello TT....Our broadband is dropping off....numerous times in the day.... the modem has to go off for 20 mins to reset. All works fine then....it may do a full day or two then we get the same problem.

Also rain seems to affect it....

Finally please answer this simple question why has my package gone up when they stated no mid term price increases....?

Now I am meant to pay more and get less....????

TT user for around 10 years...

0 Likes
11 REPLIES 11

Message 1 of 12

Sorry to read this. Because there has been a hiatus of a few weeks between posts your topic will have fallen out of the workflow queue. I have re-escalated it for you now so that the erroneous email can be investigated. 

0 Likes

Message 2 of 12

Hello TT.....wait for it....

Email today...from TT.....

"Hi Mr G, following our recent email, we want to remind you that the countdown is on to get the TalkTalk equipment you don’t need returned to us by 18/06/2021

If you miss this deadline you will be charged £50, so please don’t delay"

Hangingbyathread_0-1622804402707.png

....(<-- this is me right now).

It makes further reference to recycling....but we really know they just don't want people to sell them...

As if we would .....

Hangingbyathread_1-1622804402707.png

IT WAS POSTED BACK A NUMBER OF WEEKS AGO....THE PSU WAS NOT SENT AS IT WOULD NOT FIT IN THE RETURNS PACKAGE....

AS FOR THE £50......WELL NOW THAT ISN'T A SURPRISE CONSIDERING WE HAVE BEEN LIED TO ABOUT "NO MID TERM PRICE RISES"....YET WE HAD A PRICE RISE...A NUMBER IN FACT.

TT ....If we could not get on this community chat we would be in the brown stinky stuff....Call TT on the phone it's usuless....Get on chat that's even more of a mess up....

Who on earth in the business knows anything about customer care...?

There was a person possibly the one that will respond to this email that sent out a modem....that has seemingly fixed the fault.

This person did good....then today someone sends the email that does BAD....

YOU HAVE THE MODEM....GO AND FIND IT.

Finally what on earth would someone do if they could not diagnose....test the system...make contact through this medium.... WHY I'LL TELL YOU GET AWAY FROM TT ASAP...

Mr Angry in the North.

0 Likes

Message 3 of 12

Hello TT.....wait for it....

Email today...from TT.....

"Hi Mr G, following our recent email, we want to remind you that the countdown is on to get the TalkTalk equipment you don’t need returned to us by 18/06/2021

If you miss this deadline you will be charged £50, so please don’t delay"

😡....(<-- this is me right now).

It makes further reference to recycling....but we really know they just don't want people to sell them...

As if we would .....😡

IT WAS POSTED BACK A NUMBER OF WEEKS AGO....THE PSU WAS NOT SENT AS IT WOULD NOT FIT IN THE RETURNS PACKAGE....

AS FOR THE £50......WELL NOW THAT ISN'T A SURPRISE CONSIDERING WE HAVE BEEN LIED TO ABOUT "NO MID TERM PRICE RISES"....YET WE HAD A PRICE RISE...A NUMBER IN FACT.

TT ....If we could not get on this community chat we would be in the brown stinky stuff....Call TT on the phone it's usuless....Get on chat that's even more of a mess up....

Who on earth in the business knows anything about customer care...?

There was a person possibly the one that will respond to this email that sent out a modem....that has seemingly fixed the fault.

This person did good....then today someone sends the email that does BAD....

YOU HAVE THE MODEM....GO AND FIND IT.

Finally what on earth would someone do if they could not diagnose....test the system...make contact through this medium.... WHY I'LL TELL YOU GET AWAY FROM TT ASAP...

Mr Angry in the North.

0 Likes

Message 4 of 12

Hi MG

Thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 12

Hello Debbie....

Router arrived....and seems to be doing the job...😀😀😀...

Lets see how it performs over the next few weeks.

I have boxed up the old one...can't fit the psu inside...just a little big.

I have placed a sticker on the box "Faulty".

Be sending it back asap.

Many thanks for your help....community works ....chat and talk to TT in a far off land doesn't....Fact....Lost in translation...Northern man who sounds like Peter Kay can't be understood by person/s in a far off land..🤔

Many thanks Debbie for your speedy help,

Kindest regards,

MG.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 12
0 Likes

Message 7 of 12

Super....lets see how it goes...

Thank you....

M.

Message 8 of 12

Hi Mark

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 9 of 12

Hello TT....please do so we can eliminate that from the system.

Many thanks,

Mark.

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 10 of 12

Hi Hangingbyathread

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults but I can see re connections on the line.

Would you like me to send a different router for testing first so we can rule this out?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 11 of 12

Hi @Hangingbyathread,

Do you know if the problem is with the router losing its connection to the internet (in which case a light on your router which is normally constantly lit will change colour or flash), or is it that you are losing Wi-Fi connection between your device(s) and your router (in which case the light(s) on the router will just carry on looking normal).

Do you have any ‘wired’ devices, do they also lose connection ?

If the router is losing connection with the internet, it would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

Sadly the price rise has affected many people, you would have got an email advising you that you were entitled to leave your contract with no penalty for a short period of time from the date of that email, this meant they were complying with their T's & C's.

The TalkTalk staff on this community will also be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a working day or two.