Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband dropping out and slow speed

Axa23
Team Player
Message 23 of 23
I need some assistance please, about a month ago I noticed my internet speed had dropped from about 8 to under 1. I contacted talk talk to try to rectify and spent about 3 hours talking to 4 different people to try to sort, I was even left hanging on the mobile phone for about 45 mins at one point and eventually had to hang up and start again, very stressful. Anyway they obviously did something because over the following week the speed slowly crept up to about 7.5 which was fine. A couple of days ago I noticed the router dropping out and my speeds crashing again, down to under 1 at one point. I am in the situation where I cannot face making the calls again and just wondered if someone could look into this and try to replicate the fix from before? I am a bit of a technophobe when it comes to this sort of thing so don't always understand it when asked questions
0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22

Message 21 of 23

Yep, did this and it worked for a while but speed then started dropping back again. Also tried to check router settings to see if firmware problem but unable to access. Router is plugged into pre filtered socket so no need for micro filters either.

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 22 of 23

Hi Axa, your post has been flagged for assistance, please remember the team here work office hours so you may not hear till Monday.

Have you tried rebooting your router? Just switch it of, go make a coffee and then switch it back on. This can work.

All the best.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes