Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Broadband dropping out reguarly

9 REPLIES 9
-mrt-
Wizz Kid

My broadband seems to drop out regularly of late, usually late at night or early hours of the morning (when my wife uses it). I've tried an older router, but it made no difference.

I have the same phone setup I've had for years, nothing changed, nothing plugged into other sockets, microfilters on all sockets.

Service Center reports no faults - not sure where to go from here?

Community Team

Hi -mrt-,

I'm sorry to hear this. Have you noticed if the voice service is also affected? Do you have any devices set on a timer to come on/off around the same time that the connection drops?

Thanks

-mrt-
Wizz Kid
Hi Michelle, thanks for the quick reply.

Our voice service is fine, no crackles or problems on the line. We don’t have anything on a timer.

My wife reboots the router when it happens, and says that sometimes it reconnects, sometimes not.
On the last occasion a couple of days ago she rebooted it twice, as she needed to get some emails and ordering done, without success.
Community Team

Hi -mrt-

When did the connection last drop? Your line is showing in sync for just over 1 day and 8 hours.

There were 2 re connections showing on the line on 25/11 and before that the last drop was on 18/11.

Thanks

Debbie

-mrt-
Wizz Kid
That sounds about right, after checking with my wife. It almost never drops during the day and early evening, which is my main usage time.

We’ve had OpenReach engineers in the three street cabinets serving our area recently, I wondered if they had disturbed anything.
Community Team

Hi -mrt-

Thanks for your reply.

Would it be possible to leave the router switched on, without rebooting? We can then check the connection stats again tomorrow to see if we can see any re connections.

Thanks

Debbie

-mrt-
Wizz Kid
Yes, of course. We’ll monitor it more accurately this time, and note what happens

Many thanks for your advice and attention.
Community Team

Hi -mrt-

Thank you. If you could post back on this thread tomorrow then we will check the connection stats.

Debbie

-mrt-
Wizz Kid
Hi Debbie,

No problems over the last two days, looks like it was just a glitch!

Thanks again for your advice
Community Team

Hi -mrt-

Thanks for your reply.

I've checked the connection stats and your line is now showing in sync for just over 3 days and 10 hours.

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Thanks

Debbie