Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband drops every time I have an incoming phone call, possibly when it gets to the pick up/msg

AllanT789
First Timer
Message 4 of 4

This only started yesterday, during a teams meeting, and now happens every time the phone rings.

It seems to drop as the answer machine kicks in.  I did pick up on one occasion and could hear the caller, but they couldn't hear me - I noted that the broadband had again dropped at that stage.

This is 3rd time this morning and making working impossible. Can anyone help please ? 

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3

Message 1 of 4

Hi

glad to hear it, it does sound like the engineer has made positive improvements for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

AllanT789
First Timer
Message 2 of 4

This has now been resolved. An Engineer was called to the property and they tracked the fault to the Underground Junction Box, next to the Telegraph Pole. The box was full of water and the connection wires for the whole box were shot, meaning that the whole street would have been having issues. 2 wires broke off in the engineers hand as he showed me, plus the connection caps were worn. All got replaced and they tested my wifi via an incoming call and no drop out 🙂  The Seal on the Junction box was faulty and I believe they will be back out next week to sort that out too. Have to say, great service. Well Done. 

0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 4

Hi

Can you please add your home phone number to your 'Community Profile' so I can pick this up for you.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes