Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Broadband fault is back. Internet up and down constantly

14 REPLIES 14
Highlighted
Team Player

Hello. A few weeks back I had the same issue. Internet kept dropping, light goes amber flashing on the hub. OpenReach identifed the fault at the local cab and it was brilliant for the last 2-3 weeks.

The fault is now back. Its a new router (as we tried that last time as part of troubleshooting process).  Nothing has changed my side, exactly the same setup. 

If I run a test it does not detect a fault which is nonsense since the  internet uptime on router is only a few minutes at the moment.

Please can you help.

Highlighted
Team Player

I powered off the router for an hour last night

Today the problem is worse and speed was down from 51Mbit to 9 Mbit

Highlighted
Team Player

Broadband is now completely unusable. The router is dropping (amber flashing) every few mins (often less than 5).  

Still says no fault detected on service check. I just get taken through test the wiring in your house.  This has not changed and the router is in the master socket.

Please help!

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Tim,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've run a test on the line which has detected a possible issue towards the property. Could I just confirm, does the master socket have a test socket?

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Michelle.  Thanks for reply. No it does not.  

Strangely the connection has now been up for 1d 9hr..although speed is down.Would seem to indicate a problem beyond my control?

Highlighted

Hi Tim,

Ok thanks for confirming. Is the router connected directly at the master socket? Do you have any extension sockets? Do you have an alternative router that you can test with?

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

Yes it is. This is already a new router, as this problem happened about 5 weeks ago.  That time was a fault at local Openreach cab.  Nothing else plugged into phone sockets in house.

Highlighted

Hi Tim,

I'm sorry for the delay. If all testing has been completed with a different router directly at the master socket with all other equipment removed from the line then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to the property. Would you like us to arrange this for you and we'll confirm some details with you?

Thanks

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi and sorry about delay.  I was away for a couple of days and then the internet was solid for 2-3 days at 44Mbit but today it has dropped twice again and the speed has now dropped to 34Mbit.

So yes please.

Highlighted
Team Player

Internet will now not stay up for more than a few minutes and is completely unusable again.  So definitely please send an Engineer.   Thank you.

Highlighted

Hi

I'll drop you a pm to confirm the details to allow us to book an engineer.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Highlighted
Team Player

Thanks Karl. Saw it and replied.

Highlighted

Hi

Engineer requested Friday 7th PM (1-6).

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Team Player

Thanks for the help. Just wanted to update to close.

Took some time for Openreach to figure but they did a thorough job and it's been working well for about a week.

Highlighted

Hi

Glad to hear this has now been resolved for you.

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips