Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband fault.

15243p
Conversation Starter
Message 29 of 29

Hello, over the last few days my internet connection has dropped below the guaranteed speed.

A speed test was initiated.

I reported it on the 09/01/2019, and a fault was identified.

Still having issues, today, I got put through to technical support for 40 minutes. They did all the tests and finally upgraded my HG635 firmware.

How is this possible when my HG635 has remote management disabled?

On previous  calls upgrades were suggested, not exactly fixing the issue.

Pushing for upgrades?

0 Likes
28 REPLIES 28

15243p
Conversation Starter
Message 21 of 29

Hello, thanks for your suggestions.
No crackling on the landline.
I had the same issues in the latter quarter of 2018, the issues were resolved within days, it's occurred several times before.

On the previous occasion, I was compensated for slow internet speeds, ironically, this amounted to price of a new router that I was supposedly sent for free, no complaints though.

Changed micro filters and routers, supposedly had a router firmware update, the issue remained.
No problems with voicemail.

0 Likes

Message 22 of 29

Can you hear any odd noises when using the landline phone? I'm thinking of crackling or hissing.

Or, if you don't use the landline, suggest you plug a phone into the microfilter and call yourself, letting it ring until voicemail picks up (or for, say, 10 rings if you don't have voicemail set). This will help heal any suspect joints in the D-side cabling (between the main junction box and your property). 

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 23 of 29

Hi 15243p,

Thanks for confirming this. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault so I've optimised the connection and the sync speed has increased. Please let us know how both the stability and speed compares over the next 24-48hrs.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 24 of 29
Hello
Thanks for the swift response.
One telephone socket, no test socket, no extensions used.
One PC (wired) and one tablet connected.
Thanks
0 Likes

Message 25 of 29

Hi 15243p,

Thanks for updating your profile 

Customer service will usually ask for your account details etc if the voice recognition fails for some reason

Our line management system (DLM) has lowered your speed over the last few days because the error count was high

How many telephone sockets do you have? What other devices do you have connected to your telephone sockets in addition to your router?

Does you master socket have a Test Socket

Chris

0 Likes

15243p
Conversation Starter
Message 26 of 29

I contacted TalkTalk by phone again today, I used the voice activation as my password.

I was also asked for my account details, full name, address and email. These details were not required the previous day.

Today's resolution to a faulty internet connection was to upgrade my package, not exactly fixing the fault. Pushing upgrades?

Why was access to my account needed to check a fault.

Fault first noticed 7/1/19, first reported 9/1/19.

Actual physical download speeds 250Kbs.

0 Likes

Message 27 of 29

Community profile has been updated.

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 28 of 29

Hi 15243p 

I'm sorry to hear this.

Please can you update your Community profile to include your name, telephone number and alternative contact number, we can then look into this further (Please do not post this information on this thread)

Please bump this thread to confirm once your Community profile has been updated.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes