Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband keep dropping with VLAN 36 errors, otherwise it is slow

adamwhydle
Team Player
Message 9 of 9

Hello,

My Broadband keeps dropping with the erros below, it is happening every few minutes, i ran a line test when it is up and no errors are reported. Obs i cannot run a line test when it is down.

Can someone from TT please help I cannot get through to the service desk and am not getting the service i am paying for.

Thanks

Adam

12.07.2021 16:47:53 Info IGMP
IGMP join received (224.0.1.60)
12.07.2021 16:47:44 Info DHCPC
The WAN DHCP client process has successfully been launched on Vlan 36
12.07.2021 16:47:43 Info XDSL
VDSL connectivity is up port 1
12.07.2021 16:47:23 Info IGMP
12.07.2021 16:47:15 Info XDSL
VDSL connectivity is down port 1
12.07.2021 16:47:15 Warning DHCPC
The WAN DHCP client process has successfully been terminated on Vlan 36
12.07.2021 16:47:05 Info SYS
Modem login was successful
12.07.2021 16:46:52 Info IGMP
12.07.2021 16:46:47 Info DHCPC
The WAN DHCP client process has successfully been launched on Vlan 36
12.07.2021 16:46:46 Info XDSL
VDSL connectivity is up port 1
12.07.2021 16:46:23 Info IGMP
12.07.2021 16:46:18 Warning DHCPC
The WAN DHCP client process has successfully been terminated on Vlan 36
12.07.2021 16:46:17 Info XDSL
VDSL connectivity is down port 1

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi

Replacing the face plate is not something we can do, but these can be picked up cheaply online from many famous retailers.

Usually around £5 to £10 pound.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

Hi Michelle,

Things seem to be a lot better since discarding the face plate, are you able to send a replacement with the built in filter?

Thanks to Skynet_TX for all your help with this too.

Thanks

Adam

0 Likes

Message 3 of 9

Hi Adam

Thanks for your reply.

If the noise has gone and if the connection remains stable then this would indicate a potential fault with the face plate.

Please let us know how the connection compares whilst connected at the test socket.

Debbie

adamwhydle
Team Player
Message 4 of 9

Hi,

Thanks to Skynet_TX. I have removed the face plate from the Master Socket and plugged in the phone and router with a filter, the noise on the telephone seems to be reduced. I will wait and see how the broadband stability is affected. The Master Socket is a OpenReach 5C, the face plate has a built in filter (MK4), it was fitted about a year ago by an OpenReach eangineer sent by Talk Talk.

Thanks

Adam

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 9

Hi Adam,

Thanks for the update and please let us know how you get on and if the noise is still present at the test socket.

Thanks

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 6 of 9

If the phone line is noisy it would be good to test to see if the phone line is only noisy whilst the router is switched on, and also is the noise present when the phone/router are connected directly to the test socket.

Message 7 of 9

Thank you for your post, the phone line has been noisey in the last week or so.  The router is connected directly to the master socket, i will take the top off and try the test socket as you suggest and see if that makes a difference. 

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

Hi @adamwhydle,

The message 'The WAN DHCP client process has successfully been terminated on Vlan 36' is just a generic message that means the router has lost connection with the internet (i.e. if you just unplugged the phone cable from the router whilst it was up and running it would give you that same error).

If you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could also try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

The TalkTalk staff on this community will also be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.