Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband keeps dropping

delyth_hughes
Team Player
Message 10 of 10

I have been with talk talk for a number of years but it’s getting to the point where I am considering paying to terminate my contract early ! At least 5 Or 6 times a week I am having to reboot the router due to no connection. The light in the front indicates there is but nothing works can’t access the internet my Hive stops working - and it’s a real PITA having to sort that out if I have to reboot it. Some days it goes off  3 or more times then it will be fine for a few days then wallop off again. I’ve done all the usual troubleshooting and can only think it’s a fault with the router. What’s the chances of getting a new one before I fork out the £80 and go elsewhere for a connection that works !  it’s hard enough working from home without having to reboot the router all the time. I will say when it’s working it’s fine great speed and available throughout the house but this constant dropping  out is really getting to me now 

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi delyth,

I'm sorry to hear that. How has the stability been since your last post?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10
Hope I haven’t spoken to soon it’s just randomly disconnected again !! After a restart it has connected again fingers crossed it is just a glitch
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 10

Hi delyth_hughes

That's great, thanks for letting us know 🙂

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10
Hi I have had the replacement router connected for a little over a week and have had no issues since, looks like the problem is resolved thank you
Ps I have sent the old router back now it seems like the issue is resolved

Message 5 of 10

Hi delyth_hughes

The router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 6 of 10
Yes please if there is no date for the fix then I would like to try a different router. It affects both wired and wireless
Thank you

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 7 of 10

Hi delyth,

I'm sorry to hear this. Would you like us to send a Huawei Wifi Hub instead to see how the connection compares? We would also send a router returns bag so that one of the routers can be returned.

Thanks

Message 8 of 10

Ah, just saw your reply to another thread saying you have the Sagemcom. There is a known issue with the current version of firmware that can cause DNS resolution issues, when this happens the light will remain white but you will likely lose internet access on some or all devices, a reboot will often get things working again for a while.

If you have wired devices that are affected then it is likely you have this DNS issue, if you only have Wi-Fi devices that are affected then it is possible you have this DNS issue, but it could also just be Wi-Fi interference issues.

There is a new version of firmware in test at the moment that will resolve the DNS issue, but the release date for this firmware has not yet been confirmed.

In the short term, if they think you are being affected by this DNS issue, the staff here may well suggest that they send you a different model of router, as the Huawei Wi-Fi hub is not affected by this issue, they should respond to this post tomorrow to help further.

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 9 of 10

Hi @delyth_hughes,

What make / model of router do you have ?

Do you lose internet access on both wired and wireless devices ?

0 Likes