Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband keeps dropping

Mar_Heaney
Popular Poster
Message 14 of 14

Hi, I have run a live connection test over a month ago and got the following auto message:

We’ve run a test and found a problem between the exchange and your home which needs an Openreach Engineer to fix.

We have booked the engineer who will be sent to fix the fault. You don't need to be at home and we will update you once they have completed the job.

We are working as fast as we can to fix the problem. It should be resolved in 2-3 working days.

I know just keep getting this same message when I run the test again. I'm still have issues and when I run my speed tests the numbers are awful. Please can this be sorted as working from home is becoming impossible and I pay for broadband that works and this doesn't most of the time and when it does it is very weak.

Thank you

Mark Heaney 

0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13

Message 1 of 14

Hi

All line tests are passing and showing clear, so any previous line issues have been cleared.

Do you have access to another router so this can be ruled out ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Mar_Heaney
Popular Poster
Message 2 of 14

Hi Debbie,

I received notification last week that I needed an engineer to come and look in person within my property at the fault.

I booked an appointment for them to come out on Monday 27th Sept.

On Friday 24th I received an email to say an engineer had fixed the issue remotely which is contradictory to what I was told.

On Monday, no one turned up and I am still having issues.

Please can someone confirm what is required and if someone does in fact need to come then arrange that.

Thank you

Mark

0 Likes

Message 3 of 14

Hi Mar_Heaney

Thanks for your reply.

I have raised the intermittent connection fault over to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer and we should receive further updates within the next 48-72hrs.

Thanks

Debbie

Mar_Heaney
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 14

Hi, the phone line is working fine. Please raise as mentioned.

Thank you

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 14

Morning,

I've re-checked the connection stats now and it is detecting a potential line fault. Can I just confirm are there any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line or no dial tone? If the voice service is ok then please let us know and we can raise this over to Openreach for an external line investigation.

Thanks

ferguson
Community Star
Message 6 of 14

OK, please leave it like that until the support team can check the line again. 

0 Likes

Mar_Heaney
Popular Poster
Message 7 of 14

Thanks. I've done that.

ferguson
Community Star
Message 8 of 14

You heed to plug a microfilter into the test socket and connect the router via that. 

0 Likes

Mar_Heaney
Popular Poster
Message 9 of 14

Hi I have FTCC box with two separate sockets for phone and broadband. I have taken the front face off but there is no test socket for the broadband inside. 

Thanks

Mark

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 10 of 14

Hi @Mar_Heaney,

The staff here won't be back now until Monday, but can you confirm if the router is connected to the test socket (if you have one) within your main phone socket.

Mar_Heaney
Popular Poster
Message 11 of 14

Hi Debbie,

It is connected to the main phone socket.

Thanks

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 12 of 14

Hi Mark

I'm sorry to hear this.

The line test is detecting a potential fault.

Is the router connected at the test socket at the moment?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Ste_Nix14
Community Star
Message 13 of 14

Is it still reporting that there's a issue and a Openreach engineer is required to fix it?

I have escalated this to the Support staff for them to check this for you -

Ensure your details are filled in on your profile so they can locate your account.

Steve -
Have you tried turning it off and on again!