Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband not live but light is white?

Ashbash91
Team Player
Message 20 of 20

Hello, 

I still haven’t been able to get WiFi I’m using all my data to work from home. Not sure what’s going on as light is white on my router? My account is saying I’m connected and ready to go but nothing is working. Can you please help me fix this issue. Thank you 

0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19

Message 1 of 20
Hi chris,

I’ve responded back to you on that.

Thank you
Ashley
0 Likes

Message 2 of 20

Hi Ashley,

I've replied on your other thread. 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 3 of 20
I’ve updated that number on to my profile.

Thank you
Ashley
0 Likes

Message 4 of 20
Hello Michelle,

I’ve borrowed a phone to test dial tone and everything is working can phone out and receive calls. I also realised talk talk gave me a different number to the one my phone is connected too?

Hope you can help me.

Thank you Keith and Michelle for your help.

Ashley
0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 20

Hi Ashbash91,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see that the line is not currently in sync. I've completed a data port reset, however the line has still not gained sync.

Does your master socket have a test socket? Do you have a dial tone? Do you have a different router that you can test with?

Thanks

@KeithFrench - thanks for your help 🙂

0 Likes

Message 6 of 20

Sorry PCs was a typo in this case, what I meant was one of your devices - phone or iPad. Since Friday I have been trying to help 120+ customers with all sorts of issues and occasionally typos creep in.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 7 of 20
Hello Keith,

I keep saying I don’t have a PC, I only have my phone and iPad.

Thank you
Ashley
0 Likes

Message 8 of 20

I am simply trying to help you, your answer did not seem to relate to my question. Please bear in mind that I do not get paid for this and I am therefore trying to help you voluntarily.

Ok please can you get me the IP network connection details from one of your PCs?

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

0 Likes

Message 9 of 20
I think the comment back wasn’t called for, you understood I didn’t have a pc to worked with regardless if it was wired or wireless.
0 Likes

Message 10 of 20
Sorry I misread what you said. No I don’t have access to a PC
0 Likes

Message 11 of 20

I did say a PC that is connected wirelessly in my other post, not wired.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 12 of 20

Hello,

I don’t have any devices that I can do a wired connection. I only have my iPad, phone and fire stick. The only device I’ve been concentrating on is my phone. I’ve also reset my router and forgotten network and put the password in again and nothing is working. 

thank you

Ashley 

0 Likes

Message 13 of 20
Hello,

I turned it all off at midnight till 9:30 this morning. If that isn’t keeping it off for plenty of time I’m not sure what will? I’m be even reset it from the back, unplugged everything and nothing is working apart from I’m connected just not receiving any internet.
Thank you
Ashley
0 Likes

Message 14 of 20

Hi @donny11 

Your advice whilst well-intentioned can be wrong if the broadband is fibre. With fibre the router must be off for a minimum of 30 minutes, otherwise, not all of the sessions will have cleared.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 15 of 20

Hi @Ashbash91 

Concentrate on one device first to see if this will pinpoint the problem. Do you have a Windows PC connected wirelessly (it is just that this has the best diagnostics)? If so launch a command prompt & from there issue the command

ipconfig /all

and press the Enter key. Please copy & paste the output into your reply, or take a screenshot & include that via the Photos button on the toolbar, ensuring that in the insert photo, toy set the size to large.

Keith

0 Likes

Message 16 of 20
Hi Donny,

I’ve had it on and off all day and nothing is working! I even kept it off from 00:15-1000 and still nothing. I honestly don’t know what to do 😞 I’m working from home and I’ve used all my 25gb I can’t keep buying more data.

Thank you for your reply
Ashley
0 Likes

Message 17 of 20
Hi Ash,
Switch off the router for good 10 min or so and try again. Some times router s/w, electonics get stuck. Method has worked for me.
Try it, you got nothing to lose.
Good luck.

0 Likes

Message 18 of 20
Hi Keith,

The light is white but when I connect either my phone or iPad it’s ticks to say it’s connected but when I go onto the internet or use an app they say there a connection error? I’m using WiFi as I don’t have anything to test a wired connection. My WiFi won’t connect to nothing. Even with my fire stick it’s telling me I’m connected but no internet connection.

Thank you for your reply 🙂
0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 19 of 20

If the light is white you should be OK. How are you trying to connect wired and or wifi. Do you get any error messages & if so, what do they say?

Keith

0 Likes