Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband not working flashing orange light

Robcol
First Timer
Message 17 of 17

I have been without internet all day and am struggling to get in contact with anyone who can help. My phone is working and I have changed my micro filter but this have not helped. The router is mainly flashing orange but sometimes goes white for a few seconds. Any help welcome!!!

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Hi,

I'm struggling to connect to the router currently. The new router is on the way to make sure the current router is not at fault.

Karl.

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Robcol
First Timer
Message 2 of 17

Thanks, I have just done this

0 Likes

Message 3 of 17

Hi Robcol

Can you factory reset this router using the pin hole reset for ten seconds, I can then try and connect to the router.

Thanks

0 Likes

Robcol
First Timer
Message 4 of 17

Hi, no, it’s still not working. I can see the network in my wifi list, but when I connect I get no internet. When I plug a direct line into my laptop it also says no internet. (I don’t know the history of this old box, is there a way to check its settings?)

0 Likes

Message 5 of 17

Hi Robcol

The line is now showing in sync. Can you connect ok now?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Robcol
First Timer
Message 6 of 17

Hi Debbie, it looks physically the same as the existing router. I have plugged it into the main socket and using a new filter (basically I have swapped it over with the defective on).

it is now connected and has a white solid light

0 Likes

Message 7 of 17

Hi Robcol

Which make and model is it?

Is it connected at the test socket? Did you also swap over the cables and filter?

Thanks

0 Likes

Robcol
First Timer
Message 8 of 17

It is an older TalkTalk router, I did try plugging it in but it ended up with a white light but still no internet 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 17

Hi Robcol

Is it a TT router?

If it's not then this help page should help Set up a non-TalkTalk router

Thanks

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

Robcol
First Timer
Message 10 of 17

Thanks Debbie. 

Until the new router arrives would I be able to use an old one I have or would it not be set up?

0 Likes

Message 11 of 17

Hi Robcol

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Robcol
First Timer
Message 12 of 17

Yes please. How quickly would it arrive?

thanks

Message 13 of 17

Hi Robcol

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults.

Are you happy for me to send a replacement router for testing?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Robcol
First Timer
Message 14 of 17

Thanks, I have done this 

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 15 of 17

Hi Robcol

I'm really sorry to hear this.

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 16 of 17

Professional staff will be back in the morning, @Robcol. They'll need to identify your account. 

Please add your Talktalk landline number to your community forum profile details by going via your avatar/name; settings; launch profile wizard. 

Your thread is in the queue for attention. 

Try switching the router off for 30 minutes. It may successfully connect after that. Then leave it on for staff to test your line when they reach your thread. 

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.