Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband "Rip off" pricing tactics and poor customer service from Talktalk

Message 25 of 25

What a terrible experience I have had today attempting to upgrade or find a solution (over the phone with customer services).

1. My fast broadband and basic TV package has now increased from £25.50 to £27.50 per month yet my 18 month contract is due to run out in November 2021 (rip off).

2. I receive a leaflet through the door and it states that fibre 35 broadband and TV is available for £25.50 (I later check online and it is NOT available in this area). I did initially think this could have been an option even though it required a 24 month contract sign up.

3.Two installation options are available for fibre at £32 and £40 (rip off).

4. I then attempt to make contact by telephone and get passed around by four people and the fourth attempts to put me through to a fifth person (useless customer services). The only options were to cancel the account or pay much more for fibre (rip off and useless customer services).

5. The fourth adviser was the only England based adviser and the telephone line quality was useless and poor). Where was I going to be passed to in the World on the next useless customer services connection?

In summary a terrible customer experience where I can't upgrade side grade or even down grade with this terrible package (which is also very slow and freezes on all talktalk sites/email). I don't even think I can delete the TV part of the package at £4 per month. In addition I have nothing extra for the insult of a price increase before the contract renewal is due.

DB
24 REPLIES 24

Message 1 of 25

@GregTingey Do please continue on your own thread.

0 Likes

GregTingey
Super Duper Contributor
Message 2 of 25

Sorry, but the original post is directly parallel to my current experience.

I am getting dubious pricing & an almost-complete failure to communicate.

HOWEVER

I will post a link to my own thread - again - so that we can continue there if that is preferred - OK?

LINK

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Billing/Offers-for-new-contract-missing-something/m-p/2772912

OK?

GregTingey
Super Duper Contributor
Message 3 of 25

Maybe, maybe not

The topic is "dubious" shall we say, pricing

Message 4 of 25

@GregTingey This is not your topic and that point is not relevant to you. Please stick to your own thread. 

0 Likes

GregTingey
Super Duper Contributor
Message 5 of 25

WHAT IS

An "ORDI" request, please?

0 Likes

GregTingey
Super Duper Contributor
Message 6 of 25

DON'T BELIEVE YOU

My first call through - there was amazing background noise, I'm not sure the respondent was a native English speaker & I have had no re-contact whatsoever ....

0 Likes

Message 7 of 25

@GregTingey You may be thinking of the insurance market. Please stick to your own topic.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 25

This rip-off behaviour is about to be made flat illegal - legislation announced in the recent Queen's Speech

Like you, I want to remain with TalkTalk ( Pipex as was ) - but I, too am being given the expensive run-around

GregTingey
Super Duper Contributor
Message 9 of 25

I am having similar problems - see this thread:

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Billing/Offers-for-new-contract-missing-something/m-p/2776589/hi...

Oh & THANKS for the extra phone number re pricing ....

0 Likes

Message 10 of 25

Hi @Poorservicecomplaints

Sorry that you are upset, However I think the issue could be resolved by submitting an ORDI request, as the area is fibre enabled but the address may be mismatched between us and Openreach. 

Would you like me to submit it if you could PM me your full address ill do it. 

0 Likes

Message 11 of 25

Unfortunately I have lost my patience with talktalk. Not only is the service terribly slow when on talktalk sites/email (reported before with no resolve) but there is no good fibre offer to me a customer of 15 years.

Fibre has been installed on the street but I have had no offer at £22 per month for fibre 35 or the increase to £23.50. Only a renewal offer of fast broadband at £24.95 (presently stupidly paying the increased amount of £27.50 for being a loyal customer). By the way it is far from fast broadband, more like the old dial up service.

I put my address in to find a deal and it suggests 2 higher fibre offers at £32 and £36 per month (not logged in). Though when I login for my offers there is only fast broadband. The problem is I have 2 pcs, wifi camera and two phones so think this micky mouse broadband is simply not up to required basic standards of a household.

I feel like this whole process is a rip off with a slow constant unhooking service and only a poor service offered for an upgrade.

What is this pathetic nonsense and stupidity with regards to customer service?

DB

Message 12 of 25

Our call centers are all trained to help as much as possible, we do ask for your patience when trying to get through.

0 Likes

Message 13 of 25
No I doubt I will stay with talktalk. I find their level of customer service to be of the lowest, especially using foreign call centres (disgraceful when we have high unemployment here). It took me an hour on the phone to upgrade and still didn't achieve anything. I think I have wasted enough time already. There should be no loyalty this and that as I rang the number on the offer and the best offers should have been offered instead of me messing about phoning and being passed round again. Terrible service provided and obviously badly managed if using foreign call centres (obviously greed is at play somewhere).
Thanks for your help.
DB

Message 14 of 25

Hi Poorservicecomplaints

Sorry that you are unhappy. 

Since your post did you get through to loyalty?

0 Likes

Message 15 of 25
It will cost me 7 months x £2 per month so £14 extra to wait until November. I am still not sure why I have been punished for being a long time customer? Pure stupidity on talktalk's part and useless customer service. If the loyalty team are anything like the advisers today then I might as well set aside several days to sort it out if anything is possible at all.
DB

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 16 of 25

Sorry, but @ferguson and I have given you our best advice, as fellow customers.

Staff here cannot help you regarding contract renewal or new packages.

If you are happy to continue as is until then end of your contract, then that is your choice, but the only way you are going to be able to recontract is to speak to the loyalty team.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).

Message 17 of 25
I have no intention to leave and made the calls today to the number advertised for fibre. The price has already been increased for my package. Why should I rush about in that first 30 days? I never wanted to leave just upgrade.
DB

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 18 of 25

But you still have to phone the loyalty team to register your intention to leave otherwise there may be a termination fee.

the terms are in the email regarding the price rise.

Please remember to mark Solved Posts with Best Answer. Doing so helps other customers and saves TalkTalk's Support Team time by only looking at unsolved topics. Thanks, Steve (a fellow customer).
0 Likes

Message 19 of 25
But this is all nonsense, I have been with talktalk for many years and I rang the number on the leaflet advertising the deal for £25.50. All it should take is a few account checks then a qualified adviser could then tailor my needs (in a dream world). Due to the poor service received I doubt I will ever ring customer services again.

I am looking at comparing the market right now and I note Plusnet has a UK-based customer service department.
DB

fr8ys
Community Star
Message 20 of 25

The £4 charge can only be done by phoning the loyalty team and they have the best deals too. As said, if this is during your 30 days of receiving the increase phone the number I gave you earlier.

I got my deal in 20 minutes

0 Likes