Did you mean: 
Need help?

Broadband slowed right down - unsatisfactory response from Support

whatever
Team Player
That’s great, thank you 🙂
Community Team

Hi whatever

I will check how you are getting on on Friday.

Thanks

Debbie 🙂

whatever
Team Player
Hi - Fibre order was completed today (got my days mixed up). Been home an hour and - yet again - zero internet signal on the router, even after restarting a few times. Also no Fibre signal.

Can you please:
A) Check the exchange or whatever it is you can do to help?
B) Send new router ASAP

As stated on my original post, I think, when I first reported this issue the phone support person told me they had detected a fault at the exchange (ie nothing at my end) but the engineer phoned and said as I wasn’t reporting a completely lost connection he couldn’t/wouldn’t look into it?
whatever
Team Player

BUMP

Found a spare microfilter - makes no difference.

How do I claim compensation from TalkTalk, I’ve had no internet access for a day now, and a virtually non-existent service for the last 3-4 weeks?

whatever
Team Player
More info - when I power off and restart the router (as I have been doing pretty much every hour for the last month or so), the power light will quite often stay red for a minute or two before turning green. Reading other posts this could mean the router is on its way out?
Community Team

Hi whatever

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I've sent a replacement router, this should arrive within the next 24-48hrs.

Please let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

whatever
Team Player

Hi @OCE_Debbie - new router arrived last night, and everything is now working (finally got Fibre!) - thanks. 👍🏻😁

I’ll send the old, faulty router back.

One final question: Am I entitled to compensation for “total loss of service”? I had zero broadband connectivity from Thu 5th September until Tue 10th September.

Community Team

Hi whatever

Thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

If you contact our Customer Service Team then they can take a look at your bill for you.

Thanks

Debbie