Hello. TalkTalk HomeHub is reporting 20Mbps download speed in it's GUI. Speedtest from devices shows same result.
My minimum guaranteed is 35Mbps (estimated 39-48Mbps) Until recently I used to get around 32Mps
Same house, cabling etc, nothing changed. Done all the usual:
Powered off all devices except hub
Checked for faults - none
Powered off hub for 30mins
Reset router to factory defaults
Firmware seems current
None of the above did anything, still 20Mbps download.
Can someone from TalkTalk please check what the issue is? Thanks in advance.
I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see quite a few re-connections on the line which can affect the sync speed. Is your connection also unstable?
Does your master socket have a test socket? Is the voice service ok with no noise on the line?
Hello. Thanks for reply.
I do not see any connection stability problems in normal use, but can run a continuous test to monitor. Any recent drops might be a result of me trying to diagnose the issue. As I said before, on my side nothing has changed and until recently all was well.
I don't have a phone handset available to test the phone line until next week, since I have no use for the landline.
The master socket (5C) does not have a test socket fitted.
I ran a test for 24 hours, pinging TalkTalk's DNS server and another shorter test of 6 hours to Google DNS for same period. There does appear to be a drop occurring almost every hour in case it helps. Attached the screenshots in zip.
OpenReach Engineer turned up yesterday (good service!). He could see that the speed had halved since 28th December and after diagnostics, the fault appears to be something external. He redid the connections in the cab and ran a remote test from there which then showed 38Mbps.
My router is now also showing 38Mpbs but I am not seeing this. I have exactly the same sub 20Mpbs performance as before, wired or wireless, different devices.