Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Broadband speed 6 or 7 Mbps

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
First Timer

I see people referring to speeds of 47 ... in my dreams.

Everything is very slow and i often have to disconnect wifi and reconnect on my devices to kick start it into action ...

I've had a new router for a week - what can i do, or what should i expect of TalkTalk?

thanks

Highlighted
Community Star

Hi @KateG64 ,

What broadband service are you on, ADSL or Fibre ?. The speeds you can get are totally dependent on the length and quality of your phone line, so everyone's potential top speed is different. When you signed up for your TalkTalk contract they would have quoted an expected speed range and guaranteed minimum speed for your line.

You could also use this site to see what speeds BT think your line could achieve, this should show the possible ADSL and VDSL (Fibre) speeds that your line could potentially provide.

If you are getting speeds well below what you expect then this may indicate that there is a fault somewhere.

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to do a test on your phone line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault on your line. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

The staff won't be around now until Monday, but they should be able to respond to this post early next week to help.

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi KateG64

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Debbie