Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed boost

scapps42
Chatterbox
Message 13 of 13

Hi  ,i signed up to the faster fibre broadband on Sunday and  it's been shown as active in my account since Monday . I have turned off my router twice for 30 mins this morning and my top download speed has increased from 36mb to 44mb .i was told it should average 63 , is there anything else i can do to try and get my speed up  or is that it ?

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi scapps42,

Our network team have advised that to investigate further they'll need to arrange an engineer visit. If you'd like us to arrange the engineer visit can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also PM'd you to confirm some other details

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 13

OK thanks. I can see that a fault ticket has been raised for this so I'm chasing the up with our network team. If you don't hear anything later today or over the weekend can you bump the thread again on Monday

Chris

0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Hi i have  got the phone and router connected at the mo , there is no noise on the line

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Hi scapps42,

What do you have connected to your test socket at the moment? Just your router or router and telephone?

Is you're voice/telephone service still OK, no noise? Line test is showing suspected voice fault

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Hi sorry if taken so long to get back but had bigger things going on , anyway router has been connected to test socket now for over two weeks and still no change to  speeds , any  more advice

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Hi scapps42,

Ok thanks for confirming this. It can take between 24-48hrs for DLM to make changes to the speed if the connection remains stable.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Hi , i have already plugged into the test socket last night and thats when i noticed my upload speed double

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

Hi scapps42,

Thanks for confirming this. Does your master socket have a test socket? If it does have a test socket then would it be possible to connect the router at the test socket to see if DLM increases the sync speed any further?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Hi , i still can not hear any noises on my phone at all ,my upload speed has increased from 8mb to 19 mb but the download speed is still no higher than 44mb

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

Hi scapps42,

I've re-run the line test which is still detecting a potential voice fault. Are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as no dial tone or any noise on the line?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 11 of 13

Hi ive adjusted a couple of things can you check it once more please

0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 12 of 13

Hi scapps42 

I've completed a line test which has detected a possible landline fault. Is your landline service working ok when making calls? (any noise)

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes