Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed crashed again

johndcq
Conversation Starter
Message 7 of 7

Hello

For the second time since starting this service here about a year ago, the broadband speed has crashed. Originally it was about 19.6 Mbps on a 20 Mbps service, which isn't bad. Something like 6 months ago the speed crashed to about 11 Mbps (I cannot find my thread about that - is there an easy way to look up my earlier posts?). After flagging up the problem here, it eventually returned to 19.1 Mbps but it has never returned to the 19.6 Mbps I found so impressive after my move.

Over the last few days, the speed crashed again and is presently showing at 11.152 Mbps down and 803 kbps up at the router.

Nothing has changed, so I am comparing like with like. The router is still connected to the master socket, where it has stayed since the speed crash last year.

Please could my service be returned to the 19.6 Mbps?

Thanks

John

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6

Message 1 of 7

Hi John

The next step will be to arrange a BT Openreach engineer visit.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 2 of 7

Hi John

I've requested an update on this fault and I will post back on this thread as soon as I receive further information.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 3 of 7

Hi Debbie

Still no dial tone.

John

0 Likes

Message 4 of 7

Hi John

Thanks for your reply.

If you are experiencing a fault with the landline service then this will affect the broadband connection and has to be investigated first.

I have escalated the no dial tone fault over to our Network Team for investigation. Please can you post back on this thread tomorrow and we can check for further updates on this fault.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 5 of 7

Hi Michelle

Thanks for the quick response. The router is plugged in to the test socket and has been since the last speed crash which I guess was 6 to 7 months ago. I do not use the TalkTalk phone service, but plugging a spare basic phone into the phone socket, there is no dial tone, in fact nothing. My phone service is with BT on what I believe (I may be wrong) is a different physical line, and there is no noise on that.

I will be out after 2.30pm today until after 6.30pm so feel free to test!

John

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 6 of 7

Hi John,

I'm sorry to hear this and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which has detected a potential fault. Just to confirm, are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line or no dial tone? Does your master socket also have a test socket?

Thanks

0 Likes