Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed slows until router restarts

nvasari
Team Player
Message 40 of 40

Hello,

We are having to restart the router almost every day, since the broadband speeds slow down almost to a halt. After the router is restarted, the internet goes back to the nomimal speed, but draws to a crawl again the next day. This happens both with wired and wireless connections, and with only one device connected at a time.

Here are my router status right now:

Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 21.08.16.png

And here are the results of a speed test (http://www.supportal-test.co.uk/😞

Screen Shot 2019-01-08 at 21.08.24.png

Is there any way to sort this out? Browsing the forums it looks like a lot of people have the same issue. Thank you!

0 Likes
39 REPLIES 39

Message 21 of 40

Hi Natalia,

I'm sorry for the delay. Which router are you currently using? (make and model) Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes to rule this out?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 22 of 40

Hi,

After about a month with the internet working well, the problem reappeared. Our connection slows down and only gets better again after we restart the modem. This has been happening for the past two weeks or so.

Kind regards,

Natalia

0 Likes

Message 23 of 40

Hi Natalia

Yes no problem, please let us know how you get on.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 24 of 40

Dear Debbie,

Thank you for your reply. We would rather see if the tests and sync you have run had any effect in our connection. Can we wait a few more days and see if there is any drop in the speed?

If the problem persists, then we can move on to tests with a new router.

Thank you!

Natalia

0 Likes

Message 25 of 40

Hi Natalia

Thanks for your reply.

I can send a HG633 router for testing, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 26 of 40

Thank you, Debbie.

Just to remind you that our connection gradually starts to get worse after a while. We rebooted our router recently, since our internet speed was very slow. Right now the speed is fine:

Internet Speed Test.png

0 Likes

Message 27 of 40

Hi Natalia

Thank you. Your line is now in sync at 13.3mb.

What speed are you receiving when running speed tests?

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 28 of 40

Hi, Debbie,

We have connected the router to the test socket.

Thanks,

Natalia

0 Likes

Message 29 of 40

Hi Natalia

Thanks for your reply.

Would it be possible to connect the router at the test socket?

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 30 of 40

Hi, Michelle,

The router is not connected to the test line, it is plugged in the ADSL microfilter.

Thanks,

Natalia

0 Likes

Message 31 of 40

Hi nvasari,

Thanks for confirming this we can now focus on the broadband speed. Just to confirm, is the router connected to the test socket at the moment?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 32 of 40

Dear Karl,

Thank you. I connected a handset to the test socket and called the telephone from my mobile. The sound was loud and clear.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Message 33 of 40

Hi

That socket in the picture is a 'test socket'.

Can you borrow a handset from a friend or neighbour for 2 minutes to check the line is clear from any noise or interference as this can impact the broadband connection but will not always be detected via a line test.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 34 of 40

We don't have a telephone connected to the line, so I don't know if there is noise on the line or not.

As for the test socket, I am not sure if there is one. Here is a picture:

8041645e-47fc-41e0-a1e9-2723ec6c942f.jpg

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 35 of 40

Hi nvasari,

Thanks 🙂 I've run a test on the line which hasn't detected a fault, however I can see an intermittently high number of errored seconds on the line.

Are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as noise on the line? Does your master socket have a test socket?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 36 of 40

Telephone added to my profile. Thanks!

0 Likes

Message 37 of 40

Hi nvasari,

Please can you update your forum profile to include your telephone number so that we can look into this further. To do this go into "my settings" then "personal information" then add your details.

Please do not post any personal information on the forum.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 38 of 40

Dear Michelle,

My router is DSL-3782.

Thank you.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 39 of 40

Hi nvasari,

I'm sorry to hear this. Are you currently using a HG633 or 3782 router?

Thanks

0 Likes