Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband speed test

Tezza123
Participant
Message 6 of 6

Hi can some one please explain why when I try and run a speed test from one of my devices I see the following message, 

Check your speed

Select the devices you want to run the speed test on:
But none of the devices listed are mine, neighbours equipment appears and other equipment  that is not mine appear in the list but none of mine. Can I correct this list? or is it a fault? Any help would be appreciated.
Eltel
Stafford 1
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

Tezza123
Participant
Message 1 of 6

Karl, thanks for getting back to me and answering my query. Tezza123

Stafford 1

Message 2 of 6

Hi

When searching for wifi connections or looking at available wifi networks etc, you may see some other devices around you. This is because the are broadcasting their ID. It does not mean they have access to your wifi network unless you have shared the login details with a neighbor etc.  When logging into the router, this will show devices connected and these should only be your own devices.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Tezza123
Participant
Message 3 of 6

Hi Karl, many thanks for getting back to me, this happens on my laptop, mobile and tablet. I had advice from Skynet_TX and checked the hub as he suggested and sure enough the devices listed are our own so where the spurious  list comes from I don't know.

Also just out of interest can we get a faster fibre speed in our area? We are on the faster fibre package at the moment and get a speed of 19Mb as I am due to renew our package shortly I thought I would enquire.

Many thanks Tezza123 

Stafford 1
0 Likes

Karl-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 6

Hi

Do you only see this on one specific device or all your other devices ?

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi @Tezza123,

If you log into your router by browsing to http://192.168.1.1/ you should be able to see a list of the devices that are connected to your router (both wired and wireless), does this show that those other devices (i.e. your neighbours devices) are connected to your Wi-Fi ?

If so (and you have not intentionally shared your Wi-Fi details with your neighbour) you may well want to change your Wi-Fi password.

0 Likes