cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Broadband speed

24 REPLIES 24
Whizz Kid

I upgraded to superfast broadband on 18/1/2020 67mbps with speed boost. My router was showing download 65mbps and upload 20mbps today it has reverted back to my old speed 40mbps and 10mbps.

What happened and can you please put the speed back up. 

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi eddiejm

I can see that the sync speed has dropped to 38.3mb. There are re connections showing on the line which can affect the sync speed.

Is the connection dropping or has the router been rebooted?

Thanks

Debbie

Whizz Kid

Your technical people have rebooted the hub back to default and said it might take 48hours for speed to be sorted. He didn't seem to understand that the speed drop was as if the "fibre speed boost" had been switched off and it had reverted to my old speed. Over the last few days it has been showing at router 65mbps down and 20mbps up. its now reverted to 40 down and 10 up.

Hi eddiejm

Would it be ok to leave the router at the test socket for 48hrs without rebooting the router to see if DLM starts to increase the speed/change the profile.

Thanks

Debbie

Whizz Kid

The router had been on for 60 hours still showing 40mbps down 10up.,was 65 down 20up.

what next please?

Hi eddiejm,

I'm sorry to hear this. I've re-run the line test which is still clear, however I can still see re-connections on the line. Do you have an alternative router that you can test with so we can see how the stability compares?

Thanks

Whizz Kid

I have attached alternative router, that's probably the reason you can see the re-connections.

I will leave this one on and see what happens. I'll update you in a few days. I am convinced the speed boost has been taken off, as I say I did get 65mbps down and 40 up sync speed at the router for the first few days then it went back to my old sync speed 40 down 10 up which I have had for several years. Thanks for your help, I will see what this router does, over the next few days.

Hi eddiejm,

Ok thank you. If there is no increase in speed again over the weekend then we can ask our Network Team to take a look to see why DLM has lowered the speed.

Thanks

Whizz Kid

Thanks Debbie.

Whizz Kid

whoops Michelle, I meant.

Hi eddiejm,

It's ok 🙂 Thank you 🙂

Thanks

Whizz Kid

Hi Michelle,

The connection has been on for 3 days 15 hours and is stable but still syncing at 40mbps down 10mbps up. It was syncing at 65mbps down and 20mbps up between the 18th January and 21st January. Can you please at your network engineers to look at the problem please as you suggested. Many thanks.

Hi eddiejm,

The speed boost is still active on your account, looks as though you've been moved to a slower profile because either the connection was dropping or the error count was high

Is your router currently connected to your test socket? Are you experiencing any problems with your telephone service such as noise on the line?

Chris

Whizz Kid

been connected to test socket since Friday, No noise on my phone line, the router shows connected for 3 days 20 hours.

Hi eddiejm,

I've re-checked the connection stats now and the connection looks very unstable over the last 24hrs, have you also noticed if the connection has been dropping since your last post?

The line tests are still clear and I can see that you've tested with an alternative router at the test socket so the next step would be to arrange an engineer visit to the property. If you would like to go ahead with this then please let us know and we can confirm some details with you.

Thanks

Whizz Kid

I’ve replaced the test plate on the Openreach socket and gone back to the new router so might have reconnected a couple of times but I’m not aware of the connection dropping.

Hi eddiejm,

Ok, was this yesterday? Would you like to go ahead with an engineer visit to the property?

Thanks

Whizz Kid

It was yesterday and early this morning. On Friday  I was told by you Michelle if the sync didn't improve over the weekend you would pass it to your network team to see why the DLM has lowered the speed. Is this not an option now?

Hi eddiejm,

if there's been no speed improvement with 2 different routers at the test socket then we would really need to log it out for an engineer visit to investigate further

Chris

Whizz Kid

ok that's fine book and engineer. Bear in mind I only changed to speed boost on 18th January.

Thank you