Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Broadband went down last night and not restarting

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Popular Poster

Internet went down completely early hours of this morning and after checking all normal things and rebooting router numerous times, still only getting flashing orange light. Plugged into master socket and have micro filter. I work for the government and working from home and need to run a national training session today which cannot do if have no internet. When I go to the service check area it says it down for essential maintenance. How do I get this fixed urgently?

Highlighted
Popular Poster
Updated user settings and have tried turning off router for 30 mins but still not working
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Ian

I'm sorry to hear this.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults but I can see that the line is not in sync.

Do you have a different router that you can test with? Have you also tested your router directly at the test socket?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster
I am trying an old talk talk router now and it is plugged straight into master socket
Highlighted
Popular Poster
Ok old router works but it had problems in the past hence we upgraded to the WiFi hub. If the router is at fault can we get a replacement quickly?
Highlighted

Hi Ian

Thanks for your reply.

The line is now showing in sync and connected.

Can you connect ok now?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted

Hi Ian

I've ordered you a replacement router, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Popular Poster
I am connected using the old router but that kept failing before and you replaced it. How do I get my WiFi hub replaced as I need a reliable system to work from home
Highlighted
Popular Poster
Thank you that’s helpful
Highlighted

Hi Ian

No problem, please let us know the connection compares with the replacement router.

Thanks

Debbie