Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Broadband woes

6 REPLIES 6
Jonathanb1
First Timer

I’m into Day 4 of no broadband and no phone and I’d like suggestions, please, about how to get any meaningful help from TalkTalk. It started with a router failure (my second). After going through the usual checks several times they eventually agreed to send a new router. This arrived and lasted, I’d say, 12 hours.

since then, nothing.

I’ve phoned, and gone through the live chat. They have promised to fix it, promised to call me on my mobile, assured me that an engineer is on the case. No call, no connection, no engineer. 

I think it must be another faulty router - why else would it work for a few hours and then give up the ghost? Are the routers dodgy?

today, live chat is permanently ‘busy’ so I can’t even use that.

What’s  the secret, please folks, to getting things done around here?

KeithFrench
Community Star

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and investigate it for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Community Team

Hi @Jonathanb1

Can you please add your home phone number to your Community Profile so I can locate your details.

If unsure of your number, simply dial 17070 from your land line phone and this will confirm the number for you.

Please reply when this has been updated.

Thanks

Karl. 

Jonathanb1
First Timer

I have done as you ask, including my (not working still) TT home number. Nothing has happened today, no call, no text, no clue as to when I might get my service back.

i’m wondering whether I can now end my TT contract without penalty (because they are not providing me a service) and get someone else in. It would be quicker.

Community Team

Hi

There is a disconnection fault showing at the exchange.  This was logged to Openreach and has now been assigned to an engineer.

BT Openreach are currently investigating.  This is within their SLA currently and if not resolved within the next 48hrs then we can chase them for a progress update.

Thanks

Karl. 

Jonathanb1
First Timer

Thank you for trying to help. All those personal details are already in place. Into Day 10 (I think)  of no landline and (now) patchy internet. Which is better than no internet at all. 

Community Team

Hi Jonathanb1

Apologies for the delay.

Are you still experiencing this fault? Have Openreach been in contact in regards to this fault?

Thanks

Debbie