Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CONSTANT BROADBAND DROP-OUTS

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 5

Problem started early Saturday 16 Jan and continues.

Broadband dropping out sometimes after 1 minute, 5 minutes, 10, minutes, 15 minutes, half-an-hour, and hour or random periods. (Phone seems OK as far as I can tell)

HG633 router. (I am not a fibre user)

Broadband and internet green lights go out.

Router tries to reconnect, sometimes successfully, sometimes not.

Success - Broadband green light flashes, internet flashes read, constant red, then green OK

Failure - Broadband green light flashes, internet light stays off, broadband light eventually goes off.

Have tried testing the line (says there are no problems) resetting the connection &  the router, but drop-outs eventually come back, sometimes immediately, or after 1 minute, 5 minutes, 10, minutes, 15 minutes, half-an-hour, and hour or random periods. The longest period of 'success' has been about 1+ hour.

Please investigate. Thanks.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4

Message 1 of 5

Hi Alan

Thanks for keeping us updated 🙂

Please can you return the old router using the pre paid returns bag.

Debbie

0 Likes

Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 5

Hello Debbie,

I posted a reply to update you the other day - but it seems to have disappeared 'into the ether'.

Thanks for the new router.

As a precaution before the new one arrived, I changed all the cables to the old router for new ones but the problem persisted (I had suspected a faulty connector for the ADSL cable).

Fitted the new router. It took a day-or so to settle down, but now everything seems to be working fine, and several days on the frequent random drop-outs have ended. Thanks

What should I do with the old router (it's an older HG633 model)? Dispose of it responsibly? Use the bag and return label that was in the box for the new router? Something else?

I'll wait to hear from you.

Regards,

Alan

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 5

Hi Alan

I'm sorry to hear this.

The line tests are not detecting any faults so I have ordered you a replacement router for testing, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 4 of 5

Hi @Anonymous,

If your master phone socket has a test socket then you could try the router in there, that would then eliminate any of the phone wiring in your home as being a possible cause of the problem.

The TalkTalk staff on this community will be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post within a working day or two. You may get faster support from the live chat or by phoning up during opening hours.