Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't change WiFi password

Andy1175
Popular Poster
Message 15 of 15

I can log into my router's admin page, but when I click on 'customise wireless network' it kicks me back to the login page, and around and around we go.  Any ideas? 

If I reset my router to it's default settings, will it remember my talktalk internet connection password?

Thanks

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15

Hi

Glad to hear that the router is working and you can connect to WiFi.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

0 Likes

Message 2 of 15

Hi Chris

I've had the router for a week or so now and all seems to be working fine.  I can access my Wi-Fi settings without having to reset the thing, which is nice.  

But, the Wi-Fi signal is not as strong as the old router, it's OK, but usually a bar or two down in comparison, which considering it's a few years newer and a lot bigger, is a little disappointing.

Thanks for your help and the quality customer support.

Andy

0 Likes

Message 3 of 15

Hi Andy,

I've ordered the router, it should be with you within a couple of days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery 

Chris

Message 4 of 15

Staff will be back from Monday,  @Andy1175.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.

Message 5 of 15

OK I've updated my profile as requested.

Thanks 

Message 6 of 15

Hi Andy1175,

If you'd like us to send a new router can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks
Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15

Yes, that would very helpful, thanks.

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 15

Hi Andy,

I'm really sorry to hear this. Would you like us to send a replacement router for testing purposes?

Thanks

Message 9 of 15

Quick update.

3 weeks later, Just tried to access my Wi-Fi settings again, getting the same problem as before. Looks like I'm going to have to reset my router every time I want to change my Wi-Fi password.

Very annoying, as is this website which is absolute garbage, SSSSLLLLLLOOOOOWWWWW

and error strewn. 

0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

"The internet password is buried deep in the settings and should never be messed with !"

Exactly, which is why the message in the above screenshot is so worrying / confusing, it actually refers to the router's admin password but calls it "The Web Login Password" which is entirely different.

0 Likes

Message 11 of 15

The internet password is buried deep in the settings and should never be messed with !

Glad you got it sorted.

Message 12 of 15

I reset the router which DID reset the WiFi password, but DID NOT reset the admin password.  I used the old admin password to log in and it displayed this page:

[img]https://i.ibb.co/Sn72b0c/TT.jpg[/img]

Which is a little confusing, "Web Login Password"?? implies that it's the password used to access the internet, which it is not.  Anyway, I finally managed to change both admin and WiFi passwords, so job done, eventually.  

Thanks again for your help Martin.

Message 13 of 15

Thanks for your help Martin.  Yes I have tried accessing other pages with the same result, just takes me back to the login page.  

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 14 of 15

Resetting will not affect your internet connection password.

The WiFi and router login passwords will go back to the setting printed on the router.

Anything else you have customised will be lost, but depending on the router a configuration file may be able to be saved and reloaded.

Have you tried accessing any other pages after you log in ?