Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t get Fibre

weedee
Team Player
Message 3 of 3

I can’t get fibre but a friend 5 minutes walk from me, on the same Halfway exchange with same TalkTalk package got an email from TalkTalk to say that his line was being upgraded and his broadband package would now be called Fast Broadband Extra and price would stay the same.  The speed has vastly improved. I have checked this evening and I can’t get Fibre but he can. How can this be when we are on the same exchange. I think it’s called an ELO exchange.  I want to know if my line can be improved too and if I can get this Fast Broadband Extra. Why was his line chosen to be improved but not all the lines.  It seems very unfair. My speed is 3 but at least it’s constant. I don’t have any dropouts. But it is dreadfully slow for a Glasgow address

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Arne-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi @weedee

The Openreach website shows that although your exchange is fibre enabled the Cabinet isn't yet enabled Enter your postcode in this site when can i get fibre

Regards

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 2 of 3

Fibre availability depends on whether there is a fibre enabled cabinet serving your address, you would connect to this not the exchange.

In larger conurbations, even if there is a cabinet, all available connections may already be allocated.

0 Likes