Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Can't play video on YouTube

13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Can someone help please as im getting no where messaging and ringing talktalk customer service.

The issue I'm having is restricted mode enables by network provider does anyone knows how restricted mode can be disabled please? Thanks in advance 

Ali
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi Kamillka,

I'm not sure if there's anything at our end that would cause this but I'll look into it for you. Are you using HomeSafe and/or the SuperSafe boost?

Chris

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi Chris, I have super safe boots. I did turned off still the same. Restricted mode has been enabled by network provider( talktalk) 

Ali
Highlighted

OK thanks. Do you have the same issue on more than one device?

Chris

Highlighted
Chatterbox

No, just on PC.

Ali
Highlighted

So just to confirm, you have other devices and you can disable restricted mode on them when connection to the internet via your TalkTalk router?

Chris

Highlighted
Chatterbox

On PC there is no option to enable and disable the restricted mode as it enabled by network provider. When I search and try to play video on YouTube message popping " can't play video because restricted mode enabled by network provider ". I have Googled it seems some people have the same issue, the restricted mode CAN only disable by network provider. Never had that issue with my previous provider ( virgin).

Ali
Highlighted

OK thanks, but do you have other devices that you can watch the same videos on without getting the restricted mode error message (just trying to find out if the issue is only limited to your laptop or all devices that connect to the internet via your router)?

Chris

Highlighted
Chatterbox

There is no issues on mobile phones, just on PC. I would like to say Thanks Chris for trying to help.

Ali
Highlighted

Hi Kamillka,

Could I just confirm, are the mobiles connected to the TalkTalk wifi or using mobile data when this works?

Thanks

Highlighted
Chatterbox

All connected to talktalk wifi.

Ali
Highlighted

Hi Kamillka

Can you try factory resetting the router using the pin hole reset for ten seconds?

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Chatterbox

20190403_115202.jpg

Tried the factory reset still the same.

Ali
Highlighted

Hi Kamillka,

So that we can look into this further can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated our profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Chris