Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access some Games & Tor

GamerPlayer
First Timer
Message 8 of 8

A few days ago some mobile games I play no longer work while I use my TalkTalk broadband service. Giving a connection error. They work fine when I use my phone's network, about the same time Tor stopped working on my desktop.

The games which no longer work are :

Rush Royale

Empires & Puzzles

Some other games work fine. What could the problem be? I haven't changed anything myself. I tried turning off all the homesafe features and rebooted the router but that made no difference.

Thanks for any help.

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7

Message 1 of 8

Hi,

Thanks for confirming and I will feed this back to our Products Team now.

Thanks

GamerPlayer
First Timer
Message 2 of 8

I have reset the router to factory settings and it works as normal.

Thank you!

I noticed the firewall settings had changed and with some experimentation I found my problems returned if I set the Firewall security to high. Leaving the settings at normal keeps everything working. So it looks like the firmware update made the firewall high security level more ruthless than before.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Message 3 of 8

Morning,

How are you getting on?

Thanks

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 4 of 8

Hello,

I'm sorry to hear this. Could you try factory resetting the router and then re-setting this up again and letting us know if this is still happening following this please?

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 5 of 8

Ok, so that is the Sagemcom Wi-Fi Hub, and the firmware version you are running is the brand new one that is currently being rolled out, so there is a chance that it is your router upgrading to this new firmware version that has caused this issue.

Some people have seen some strange behaviour accessing VPN's after the upgrade, but performing a factory reset fixed it for them, however do note that performing a factory reset will lose any settings you have ever changed in the router. If you wanted to you could factory reset the router by holding in the reset switch on the back for over 10 seconds.

The TalkTalk staff on this community will also be able to help, they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

GamerPlayer
First Timer
Message 6 of 8

Hi Skynet_TX,

When I logon to the router it says,

TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub version SG4K100130

Thank you.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 7 of 8

What model of router do you have ?