Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to VPN

Dolphin2
Chatterbox
Message 13 of 13

Switched to Talktalk a few days ago, but I have lost the ability to connect to my employer's VPN since. No changes in software or hardware have been made, apart from using the new router from Talktalk, which is a DSL-3782. Any help much appreciated.

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12

Message 1 of 13

Hi Dolphin2,

I've ordered another router, should be with you within a couple of days but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 13
Hello,

I did not receive a card nor sign for it. Nor did the neighbours. I have been contacting DHL about this over the last week, and they kept referring to their own record saying it has been delivered. They have not offered any solution at all.

Please send a replacement router.

Many thanks.
0 Likes

Message 3 of 13

Hi Dolphin2,

I'm sorry to hear this. Just before we order another router, have you checked to see if any of your neighbours have taken it in? Did you receive a delivery card?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 4 of 13

Hi Debbie

DHL has lost the router - they insist they have delivered it days ago, but I still don't have it.

Could you re-send me a HG633 via Royal Mail (or use the same courier service that delivered the original router)?

Many thanks.

0 Likes

Message 5 of 13

Hi Dolphin2

The HG633 router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 13

Yes, please send a replacement HG633. Many thanks.

0 Likes

Message 7 of 13

Hi Dolphin2

Apologies for this.

I can send a replacement HG633 router, would you like me to arrange this?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 8 of 13

The HG633 does indeed work fine with VPNs on its default configuration, both for ADSL & fibre.

The developers are currently testing new firmware for the 3782, we are told it definitely fixes the VPN issue, but this has yet to be released. When it is available, it also should work fine in respect of VPNs, again on both ADSL & fibre on its default configuration. The settings that you have kindly provided me with seem to be a workaround, not a permanent fix for ADSL.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

0 Likes

Message 9 of 13

Hardware Version="A1"
Firmware Version="v1.08t"

Configure your WAN connection="ADSL"

Interface="PVC1"
Enable Virtual Circuit="Enabled"
VPI="0"
VCI="38"
Service Category="UBR"
Connection="PPPoE"
Connection Type="PPPoE LLC"
MTU="1432"
Usage="Default Route"
NAT Enable="Enabled"
Enable PPPoE Passthrough="Enabled"
Authentication Protocol="Auto"
Connect mode select="Always On"

Now, what are the chances of HG633 working right of out the box because it defaults to PPPoE instead of PPPoA like the DSL-3782?

0 Likes

Message 10 of 13

That is very interesting to know, please could you send me a screenshot of your internet configuration (feel free to PM this to me if you prefer)?

Thanks.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

Message 11 of 13

Thanks for the reply, @KeithFrench.

I had a very long online chat using the mobile app this morning (I was hoping to get the ball rolling sooner on router replacement). They managed to find me a setting that works.

PPPoE

Enable PPPoE Passthrough

May be this will be useful to others too.

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 12 of 13

This is a known problem with the current firmware on this router.

I will ask one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and they will offer you a replacement router that does work with VPNs.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith

0 Likes