Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot connect to internet via VPN

asmaine
First Timer
Message 9 of 9

Cannot connect via VPN when using TalkTalk broadband, but have tried via a mobile hotspot and other (work) WiFi and it works fine. 

Have also tried:

- Connecting via ethernet cable

- Splitting the SSID

- Trying my router in the main phone socket

- Factory resetting my router

- Turning off and on HomeSafe settings

and none of these steps have been successful. From other threads it appears my hardware is out of date (I have the same bug when trying to change my router settings) - or is it something else I haven't tried?

0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8

Message 1 of 9

Hi asmaine,

If you still need assistance can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 2 of 9

I did it a minute or two after my last post. Try not to reply on here now, until TalkTalk respond to you.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.
TalkTalk support and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Message 3 of 9

That would be amazing, if that's something you can do - thank you!

0 Likes

Message 4 of 9

I will ask them for you now.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please set Accept as Solution from the 3 dot menu.

Message 5 of 9

I have yes; I can connect to the internet when on the VPN when connected to other WiFi/mobile hotspot they state that there is no problem with the VPN itself unfortunately. Hoping a TalkTalk might be able to swap the router out for a less troublesome model in case this might rectify - a little stumped otherwise.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 9

Generally speaking, access to the internet once a VPN is established is totally under the control of the VPN provider, although this router has had a lot of VPN problems. Have you spoken to the VPN provider about this?

Keith

Message 7 of 9

Hi Keith, thanks for this. My router is the D Link 3782. You're right; I can connect to the VPN ok - I just can't access the internet when connected to the VPN. 

0 Likes

KeithFrench
Community Star
Message 8 of 9

What make/model router do you have & does the VPN actually connect OK. From your subject description, please can you confirm exactly what the problem is. I assume from that, the VPN connects OK, but you do not have internet access when the VPN is connected?

Keith