Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Cannot use WiFi with Cisco VPN

9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hello, my talktalk WiFi works for all my devices except for my work laptop when I try to connect to the internet via Cisco VPN. Please can this be fixed ASAP? My router number is DSL-3782. Thank you.

Highlighted
Community Star

You first need the router upgraded to V1.10 firmware & for the Cisco client, it is best that you use the Google DNS servers in the router's internet configuration:-

Replacing the standard TalkTalk ones.

I have asked one of TalkTalk's OCEs to pick your thread up and upgrade the firmware as well as hopefully setup the DNS servers at the same time for you.

The forum is not real-time 24/7 support, so depending on how busy they are & how many are working at any one time, this can take 24 - 48 hrs (excluding weekends & limited cover on Bank Holidays). Alternatively, you can call the call centre or use online chat. The posts are responded to in time/date order, oldest first. So the fewer entries you make on your thread now, the sooner they will pick it up.

To save yourself time, please make sure that your community profile includes your first & last names, broadband phone number & if possible an alternative contact number. This can be done by clicking on your Avatar picture then click on "My Settings" followed by:-

Personal Profile > Personal Information

Otherwise, TalkTalk will not be able to tie up your forum username to your broadband account. Only you & TalkTalk have visibility of your details.

Keith
I am not employed by TalkTalk, I'm just a customer. If my post has fixed the issue, please mark it as the Best Answer.
OCE's and Community Stars - Who are they? 

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi lswerica,

As Keith has said, you need the latest firmware version. Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Chris

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Thank you very much for all your help, I have updated my profile accordingly. I really appreciate it 🙂

Highlighted

Hi lswerica,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• TalkTalk Telephone number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Thanks, I have updated my profile accordingly. Hopefully this can be fixed soon because this has been a huge hassle - I’ve not been able to even send basic emails from my laptop. Please keep me posted, thank you!

Highlighted

Hi lswerica

Thanks for updating your Community Profile. I've checked and I can see that your router has the latest firmware version so this should work ok with VPN.

Please can you try factory resetting your router using the pin hole reset for ten seconds and retest? If you are still experiencing this issue following this then we can send a replacement HG633 router for testing.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Hi, I’ve reset the router but the problem persists. Please can you help me - thanks!

Highlighted
Chatterbox

Thanks the issue has now been fixed after I changed the routers MTU

Highlighted

Hi lswerica,

Thanks for the update 🙂

Thanks