Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Certain apps connectivity issues using WiFi at home

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Team Player

I'm (or my daughter is) having the same problem others are having, certain apps are unable to work on my daughter's phone when connected to our home WiFi, but are working phone when the WiFi is turned off (using the 4G).

Having been through every step of advice on the internet, from WhatsApp and many other areas, the conclusion is that it's a router issue.

The phone is a Nokia 5, until about 4-5 weeks ago my daughter was able to send WhatsApp voice messages (she's disabled and relies on these, you can imagine the frustration and upset) and photos, was able to use Shazam - but now it's not possible to do any of this if the WiFi is turned on.  As other users have said, it's only certain apps.  Internet connectivity for most everything else is fine.

This works for me just fine on my Moto g6.

We have a DSL-3780 which we've had since we first signed up with TalkTalk.  She's had her phone since Xmas and it was all working just fine until it all stopped recently.

It seems the solution that is working for others is a new router?

- If you build it, he will come -
Highlighted
First Timer

I am having the exact same issue. My broadband only went live yesterday and I may well be calling Talk Talk tomorrow to cancel.

I cannot send messages/photos on Whatsapp, cannot load emails, cannot load Instagram, cannot load LinkedIn. I don't even know why I bothered with this, paying £17 a month to get frustrated and having to turn off wifi and use mobile data!

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi,

I’m in no way an expert but these last few weeks I’ve been having trouble searching for sites.

Liveleak, Nord and tor sites are blocked. This is caused by the settings for explicit content which is fair enough but I gave heard of clearly harmless links being blocked by accident.

Check your settings to see if they are being overly cautious.

like I say I’m no expert but that could be the cause. Instagram, Snapchat and WhatsApp are all classed together and the first two can have some awful stuff on them.

Worth checking.

Dave.

Name and interests? I did that already. Areas of expertise? Well I’m told I’m pretty good at a couple of things but that’s for another site.
Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi muggsy14

Apologies for this.

I can send a replacement router. Please can you add your TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, I can then send this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player

Hi @OCE_Debbie I'll do that  now, thanks.

Highlighted
Team Player

Also, apologies for delay in replying - I tried subscribing but it keeps unticking the box, so I am not getting any email notifications, despite also having that set in the settings.  Have to keep coming back and checking.

Details updated with landline number.  I look forward to receiving new router.

Highlighted

Hi muggsy14

The replacement router is on its way, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie

Highlighted
Team Player
Thank you Debbie, I will certainly post back with results (positive or not). Thanks for the speedy handling of this too. I also got my subscription sorted out so I saw your message on time, yay!
Highlighted
Highlighted
Team Player

Hi Debbie,

Just thought I would update you.  The router came this morning, it's all set up and happily my daughter is now fully connected to the internet on her phone.  All other tech also connected with no problems.

A good thing too as she's off ill today.

Thanks again.

Highlighted

Hi muggsy14

Thanks for keeping us updated. Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Debbie