Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change DNS settings on router

Huzaifa
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

Hello, I have a couple of questions about the default provided router, TalkTalk Wi-Fi Hub.

Hardware Version: FAST5364 3.00
Software Version: SG4K10002816t
GUI Version: 3.7.8

It seems the interface will not allow me to change the default DNS settings. How does one go about changing the DNS settings on the router?

Also, does the router automatically update the firmware and user interface versions or do I have to manually update them myself, and if so, where do I download the necessary files?

Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5

ifanyonecan
Whizz Kid
Message 1 of 6

Hi

I changed it in internet connectivity!!

Mark

Capture.JPG

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 2 of 6

Morning,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 3 of 6

Have you tried in a different browser, just to see if it is browser related, that screen in the router settings certainly works fine for me (Chrome on Windows 10).

If it is looking like there might be a problem with your router and you would like some help from the staff here you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.

Huzaifa
First Timer
Message 4 of 6

I presumed, "the interface will not allow me to change the default DNS settings", would be clear enough but apparently not. So, to clarify, the input boxes under the DNS Tab are disabled and will not accept any input. Yes, "Make sure ON is enabled", I have. Also, the usual "Apply" button is also missing. I checked the HTML comments, it seems it's been removed on purpose, hence why I'm posting here.

PS: I already checked that link before posting here.

Thanks for replying.

0 Likes

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 5 of 6

Hi @Huzaifa,

There are details on how to change your DNS settings here.

Firmware will auto update overnight when necessary, you can't download firmware updates to apply them yourself.

You are currently on the latest firmware.