Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Complain about the service and customer support

olmolp
First Timer
Message 6 of 6

A few days ago I wrote a bad review of TalkTalk in TrustPilot, I was directed here, which I don't think it is the right place for this matter, but happy to copy and paste.

I don't think Talk Talk cares much about this, and I think the reply by Michelle in Trust Pilot was a standard copy and paste, but happy to try.

Based on my review below, is there any action from TalTak? Let's see.

--

I would not recommend this company to anyone. My experience is based on a year with them and I am already looking forward to getting a different provider once my 18 months contract is up.

My reasons to follow:

I have been experiencing intermittent cuts on my internet service for months. When I phone I always have to wait for ages to get someone to help, but most times I give up after 15 to 20 min. If I get through, I am asked to perform the same troubleshooting steps, including wifi troubleshooting, which I always explain that the wifi signal is good, the problem is losing connectivity to the Internet. i.e. I have a great WiFi signal, but I cannot ping external sites such as Google.

I have asked them if they could read the notes on my account, in case they want to try something slightly different. But their only reply is that the will send t technician and charge me for it. I don't even bother phoning them anymore, I have been using the tethering service on my phone when the internet drops for ages now.

The chat is not better, I contacted TalkTalk for a question on my bill, during the conversation I had to remind several times the person on the chat that I was a customer with a valid doubt and that I deserved the same level of respect as I was giving them. Even if my question was daft (which I don't think it was) I find unacceptable to be patronised when I am paying for a service and I want to understand my bill.

I am fed up with this provider and I would not recommend it to anyone. I would strongly recommend spending more money and getting a working service somewhere else.

Olmo
5 REPLIES 5

Message 1 of 6
0 Likes

Message 2 of 6

Hi Debbie,

I am sorry, but this is the kind of thing I am not happy about. I have been months complaining about intermittent internet issues. i.e. The service is most of the time up, but rather frequently, the internet goes down for about 5 min and then it comes back.

Doing a test at a random time, won't be the best troubleshooting approach. Don't you think?

An engineer is booked for Saturday morning, see if the find anything.  

Olmo

Message 3 of 6

Hi olmolp

Thanks for updating your Community Profile.

I've completed a line test which hasn't detected any faults. 

If you have tested with a different router, cable and filter at the test socket then the next step will be to arrange an engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

Message 4 of 6

I have updated my details as suggested.

I keep having regular disconnections. I feel that I am paying for a service I am not getting, I'll check if I have to honour the contract I have with TalkTalk given the circumstances.

Olmo
0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 6

Hi olmolp,

Welcome to the Community 

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with your service. Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Chris