cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Complete Loss Of Service

8 REPLIES 8
Super Duper Contributor

I have a complete loss of broadband service at home today. Is there anything support can do on here or will it have to be a dreaded phone call.

Community Team - TT Staff

Hi pbar100, is your connection back up now? I ran a line test as a precaution so it will have dropped for a couple of minutes. Let me know if you need anything.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Super Duper Contributor

Thank you for your reply.

No, my connection is still down.

Hi pbar100,

I've reset your data port but this doesn't seem to have resolved the issue.

Do you have another router that you can test with? If not then could you try resetting your router to factory settings - please let us know how you get on

Chris

Super Duper Contributor

Thank you. Yes I have a few routers, was going to try another when I get back shortly. Will post results!

Super Duper Contributor

Well, my broadband came back on at around 3.30pm, on it's own, I didn't have to do anything. I did think it was an outage as opposed to a hardware fault in the house.

The connection was lost from at least 6.00am (I think quite a while before but that's when I noticed it) until, as said, 3.30pm approx.

Unusual for it to be out for so long on what is typically a reliable connection.

Do you know what the issue was please?

Hi @pbar100

I have checked and there were no reported outages in your area, could it have been weather related?

Super Duper Contributor

Thanks for your reply. I don't think so, the weather didn't seem too bad yesterday. I am being compensated for the loss of service, so that's good.

Thanks for letting us know it's sorted. 

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.