Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Connect to mobile apps through wifi

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Popular Poster

I've been with talk talk for 2 weeks and I'm having a problem connecting to mostly social media like facebook and Instagram. Me and daughter have had to use all our phone data because the wi fi wont work on the phones.

Had similar problem with sky and that's why I left, never had a problem with Virgin. We pay for a product and it's not working properly why should we have to be contacting you!

Highlighted
Community Team - TT Staff

Hi

If it is only social sites such as facebook that are an issue, log into My Account and check the KIDSAFE settings.  Make sure these are not turned on as they can block some social media apps.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

STAY HOME      -      PROTECT THE NHS      -      SAVE LIVES

Highlighted
Popular Poster
I've checked and theres nothing switched on to block it. My daughter cant use you tube either.
Highlighted

Hi,

Can you please add your home phone number to your Community Profile so I can locate your details and check your connection.

If unsure of your number, simply dial 17070 from your land line phone and this will confirm the number for you.

Please reply when this has been updated.

Thanks

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

Highlighted
Popular Poster
This has been updated.
Thanks
Highlighted

Hi

All line tests are clear, so no issues with the overall connection.

Looking at the devices you have connected, I can see they are all wireless.

do you have anything you can connect via a cable for testing etc ?

There are also a lot of wifi devices around you so there is a lot of wifi interference and congestion.  If you saw the same issues with Sky, then this could be a wifi problem.

I've enabled optimisation on your line so this will look at the wifi interferance and stability and make adjustments to keep the wifi on a better channel.

Lets see if this helps.

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Popular Poster
The only wireless devices we use is our mobile phones so I'm not sure what other devices you are seeing?
We didnt seem to have an issue with virgin connecting.
Highlighted
Popular Poster
It's still not working
Highlighted
Popular Poster
How do I cancel as the issue still hasn't been resolved and it's frustrating we cant connect on our mobile so having to use more data costing more money.
Highlighted

Hi Paula,

I'm sorry for the delay in getting back to you. Could I just confirm, which make and model of router are you currently using? Do you have an alternative router that you can test with?

Thanks

Highlighted
Popular Poster
How do I know the make and model?
Highlighted

Hi Paula,

Don't worry about it, I've managed to check and I can see you're using the wifi hub. What actually happens when you try to connect to the social media sites, do you get an error message?

Chris

Highlighted
Popular Poster
It just keeps telling me to refresh the page or it doesnt let me view anything.
Highlighted

OK thanks. Does it fail everytime? Have you been able to access the websites at all, on any of your devices, since you joined TalkTalk?

Chris

Highlighted
Popular Poster
No I havent been able to connect to any since joining. The tv works fine through wifi and so does everything else on our devices apart from things like social media and you tube.
Highlighted

Hi Paula

Can you try changing the DNS settings in the hub as follows : 

Username : admin   Password will be on the sticker on the back of the router.

once logged in, click on 'See Internet Settings'  then on the next page click on 'Manage Advanced Settings'.

On the Next page click the option that says 'Internet Connectivity'.

Set the DNS on this page as in the pic below and click apply.  Then you can close down your browser and retest.

Thanks

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips

Highlighted
Popular Poster
Seems to be working now. Thanks for your help
Highlighted

Excellent, glad its all working.

Regards,

Karl. 

Working From Home Tips