Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect with an aruba box

Nicky 0902
Popular Poster
Message 15 of 15

Hi folks new to this I'm trying to get a VPN box to connect the box is called aruba it's so I can access my work from home seems like the hub will not let it connect is there some settings on the hub that might need changed I've tried 3 different pcs and 2 aruba boxes which work else where but not here with the talk talk HG633 any help would be great

Nicky reid
0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14

Message 1 of 15
0 Likes

Message 2 of 15
OK thank you very much I will let you know if this works when I get the router
Nicky reid
0 Likes

Message 3 of 15
OK thank you very much I will let you know if this will work when I get it
Nicky reid
0 Likes

Message 4 of 15

Hi Nicky 0902,

I've ordered the router, should be with you within a couple of day but please allow up to 5 working days for delivery

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

Message 5 of 15
The Aruba box is a separate device you connect to the router I had previously tried this with a sky hub and it worked fine today I have tried with an EE router and it worked however will not connect with the HG633 I am now 100% sure it is the router that is the issue so yes let me try a different HG633 router to try please
Nicky reid
0 Likes

Message 6 of 15

Hi Nicky 0902,

I've re-read though your thread and the only other thing I can suggest is to try another HG633 router to rule this out? Would you like to try this?

Is the VPN you're using an actual separate device that you connect to the router and not an app?

I've just noticed that Aruba have a Community, it may be worth posting on their community to see if anyone else has experienced this issue or have any suggestions.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 7 of 15
I have tried all I can changed the pc the VPN box twice and I know the stuff works because it had been tried from a sky hub box and connected with sky Internet so I'm 100% sure that it is the talk talk router that is not working looks like i will have to switch supplier to get the access I require for work
Nicky reid
0 Likes

Message 8 of 15

Hi Nicky 0902,

Thanks for confirming this. To be honest I'm not sure why this isn't working as VPN does work fine with the HG633 (V2.00) router. Have you spoken with your I.T department to see if they can offer any more advice?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 9 of 15
How many times do I need to tell you yes in have tried this it is not working at all can you advise if anything else can be tried
Nicky reid
0 Likes

Message 10 of 15

Hi Nicky 0902

The HG633 router should work ok with VPN clients. Have you tried factory resetting the router using the pin hole reset?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 11 of 15
Hi
Thank you for your reply I'm using the HG633 router this will not connect to my works VPN box at all is there something I can try to get it to connect
Nicky reid
0 Likes

Message 12 of 15

Hi Nicky 0902,

Apologies for the confusion, are you currently using the HG633 router or the wifi hub?

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 13 of 15

HI 

I have tried to do this also tried turning of the fire wall in the hub settings the HUB will just not connect with the VPN box is there anything else I can try 

Nicky reid
0 Likes

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 14 of 15

Hi Nicky 0902

I've checked and your router (HG633) has the latest firmware version and should work ok with VPN clients.

Please can you try factory resetting the router using the pin hole reset for ten seconds and then testing this again?

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes