Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Connected but no internet

23 REPLIES 23
TammyJ
Chatterbox

We’ve just moved house and an engineer came yesterday to set up our broadband. However, since then have been unable to connect to the internet even though it appears we are connected to the WiFi. After the most painful 2.5 hours of my entire life speaking via web chat to talktalk to try to resolve the issue, I was told that the devices we have must be faulty. So that’s 3 mobile phones, a kindle and a laptop that are all faulty according to talktalk. I cannot believe that talktalk have been unable to resolve this issue and fix the problem. It’s clearly a problem with the service their end! We have request they terminate our contract. Unbelievably painful and tedious experience with horrendous customer service. 

Divsec
Community Star

Hi @TammyJ have you tried rebooting your router?

Regards Divsec, I don't work here, know little, and have too many opinions.
TammyJ
Chatterbox

Hi, thank you. Yep tried that many times with no luck 😕

Community Team

Hi TammyJ

We're happy to look into this for you. So I can find your details, can you update your community profile to include your home phone number.

If you don’t know your phone number, don’t worry, you can add your account number.

To check your phone number, you can dial 17070 from your home phone.

To update your info, go to 'My Settings'. then 'Personal Information', add your details, then click 'Save Changes' at the bottom when done.

You can also follow this link : Update My Profile

Let me know when you have done this.

Thanks

Karl

TammyJ
Chatterbox

I’ve added my number. I appreciate you looking into it, but after my experience yesterday, I’m not holding my breath. 

Community Team

Hi TammyJ,

Thank you and I'll take a look now. I've run a test on the line which has detected a potential fault. Just to confirm, are you experiencing any issues with the voice service such as no dial tone?

Thanks

TammyJ
Chatterbox

We haven’t got a phone handset, so I don’t know. 

Community Team

Hi TammyJ,

Would you be able to borrow a telephone from friend or family, to test with?

Chris

TammyJ
Chatterbox

No, I don’t have that option I’m afraid. 

Community Team

Hi Tammyj,

I've raised this for investigation as a non-appointed task to BT Openreach. We should receive an update within 72 hours. If you don't hear anything beforehand can you bump the thread on Friday

Thanks

Chris

TammyJ
Chatterbox

I’ve still heard nothing and still have  no internet. All guests that have visited our house have been unable to access any websites. We are all able to connect to the WiFi but we can access absolutely no websites. I’m still shocked that the talktalk  agent I spoke to over web chat told me that the fault was with our phones and other devices. Clearly this is an issue with the talktalk service. 

Damnshame
First Timer

Same problem

new customer since 14th November:

3 iPhones, a tv, 2 Apple TV, laptop iPad and my central heating controller all must be faulty 

the fault check shows the connection kept dropping with an exclamation mark on stability but status is no problem with a green tick 🤷‍♀️
I’m using my Vodafone data because the talk talk Wi-fi is useless 

49693E30-D901-405D-ACDB-3B5087E22A33.png

TammyJ
Chatterbox
So frustrating!! And nobody that you can actually talk to to resolve the problem. Where has customer service gone?!! How are you/we meant to get this fixed. 🤯
Community Team

Hi TammyJ,

BT Openreach have closed the fault ticket saying that they've fixed a problem, I've run a line test and it's still showing that there's a potential fault. Can you just confirm that your router is currently switched on and connected to your test socket and we'll pass this back to Openreach

Thanks

Chris

Community Team

Hi Damnshame,

If you still need assistance can you please start your own thread and update your community profile to include your:

• Name
  • Telephone number
  • Alternative contact number

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated. 

Thanks

Chris

TammyJ
Chatterbox

It was switched off, but I’ve switched back on and the problem remains the same. I can access the WiFi but there’s no network connection.

81E96282-6495-48E4-ADC5-60DDD7DF8FC1.jpeg

TammyJ
Chatterbox

9F51C3E3-4892-4229-BA09-9E150557EB54.png

Community Team

And your router is currently connected to your telephone socket and switched on?

Chris

TammyJ
Chatterbox

Yes, everything is connected and switched on.

Community Team

OK thanks, I've passed this over to our network team, I'll let you know when I receive an update

Thanks

Chris