cancel
Showing results for 
would you rather see results for 
Did you mean: 
Need help?

Connected but no internet

Community Team

Hi TammyJ,

The next step will be to arrange an engineer visit to investigate further, to do this can you confirm:

• That you accept potential Engineers charges
  • Provide availability, either AM (8am to 1pm) or PM (1pm to 6pm) between Monday to Friday.

I've also sent you a PM to confirm some details

Thanks 

Chris

TammyJ
Chatterbox

Thanks but there is no way we’d be agreeing to pay additional engineer charges.

We have now signed up to Virgin which is working perfectly, despite Talktalk originally telling us the fault was with all of our devices. 

Talktalk’s offer of an an engineer should have come much sooner and at no extra cost to us.

Thank you 

Community Team

Hi TammyJ

Apologies for this. Unfortunately we have to confirm possible engineer charges before we can arrange an engineer visit.

Thanks

Debbie

kevinjb
First Timer

I had a very similar problem in 2018 when I was with Plusnet. No broadband for 25 days, three BT Engineer visits (by the way, these are NOT broadband engineers), completely rewired my internal broadband system.

I finally got in touch with a BT Openreach Engineer who lived locally and he knew immediately what the issue was. He went to the local exchange to check my internet connection and rang me to say someone had done a 'lift and shift' in error. Less than ten minutes later it was fixed.

The problem was created entirely by Plusnet and I eventually got some compensation but needless to say the issue could easily be replicated by ANY service provider.

kevinjb