Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection Wifi Between Router and other devices

Oq_Larry
First Timer
Message 10 of 10

I tried to connect Smart Plug TECKIN WiFi (I have a set of two) and Blink Mini Camera to my Router, but it does not work.

I tried to set up with different smartphones, I restarted all devices few times, but it still does not work.

At the beginning I thought that maybe all 3 are broken but then I visit my brother in law who has broadband from Plusnet and eveyrthing works well there. So we used his phone at my home but again it does not work.

Apart from that all other devices (my tablets, laptops, smartphones, smart bulb) works normally without any issues. Even TP-Link Tapo Smart Plugs which I bought to replace Teckin plugs work fine and without any issues.

Is there a possibility that router is blocking some of my devices? Could you tell me where is the problem, please?

Regards

Zibby

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

martswain
Philosopher
Message 1 of 10

A lot of smart plugs are single band, so the fact they only use 2.4 GHz is a function of the plugs, not the router.

As for coverage, all routers are limited on the power they can radiate and all TT supplied devices are at that legal maximum, some of the newer models have better antenna technology which can improve coverage over older models.

TT routers have a maximum of 4 ethernet ports.

0 Likes

Oq_Larry
First Timer
Message 2 of 10

Is this different model will be better? I mean, more ports, better signal range?

I have quite big house and need good signal range.

Besides, personally I think that this is not the issue because after that I add and easily used few other devices in my network.

I think that it could be a problem with one of the frequency because sockets work only with 2.4G.

Thanks

0 Likes

Message 3 of 10

OK thanks,

The only thing I can see as a potential issue is wifi congestion, all channels appear to be congested. We could send a different make and model of router to test with, would you like us to arrange this?

Chris

0 Likes

Oq_Larry
First Timer
Message 4 of 10

Number is updated

0 Likes

Michelle-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 5 of 10

Morning,

Can you please update your community profile to include your:

• TalkTalk Telephone number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

0 Likes

Gliwmaeden2
Community Star
Message 6 of 10

@Oq_Larry, just continue on this thread. I've moved the other one out of the way for you.

Gliwmaeden2, a fellow customer.
0 Likes

Oq_Larry
First Timer
Message 7 of 10

I updated my profile

Sorry for duplicate post. I have some issues with login and I didn't notice that

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 8 of 10

Hi Oq_Larry,

Could you update your community profile to include your:

• Name

• Telephone number

• Alternative contact number

•  

We'll then look into this further. Please do not post this information on this thread. Once you've updated your profile please post in your topic to confirm it's updated.

Thanks

Chris

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 9 of 10
0 Likes