Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection dropping intermittently for days

cottager67
Message 3 of 3

Over the last 4-5 days, broadband connection has been dropping intermittently and frequently.

It's not a wifi problem, and it is affecting at least 6 other households in the street as well as some local businesses, many on different providers.

Several people have tried to report faults, but Sky, BT etc are not interested and can't see anything wrong.

It has improved slightly, but still occurs regularly.

The TalkTalk website makes it really difficult to report a fault like this and speak to an actual person about it.

Does anyone have advice about how to proceed?

Many thanks

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 1 of 3

Hi cottager67

I'm really sorry to hear this

Please can you add your name and TalkTalk landline number to your Community Profile, we can then look into this further.

Thanks

Debbie

Skynet_TX
Community Star
Message 2 of 3

Hi @cottager67,

It would be worth going to the Service Centre to run a connection test on your line, this will indicate if there is currently a fault affecting your service. You can also access this from the ‘My Account’ site. If this can detect a clear fault it can arrange an engineer automatically.

Also, if you have a landline phone can you check to see if that is working normally (i.e. you have a clear dial tone and no noise on the line).

For one of the TalkTalk staff on this community to be able to look into this you will need to update your community profile to include your name, landline telephone number that your TalkTalk service is provided on & an alternative contact number. This will allow them to identify you, and they will then be able to help.

Don't post any personal details in this thread, just add them to your community profile.

Then they will hopefully be able to respond to this post tomorrow.