Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection keeps cutting out and have to restart router 4/5 a day

Claire861
Participant
Message 38 of 38

Connection is non existent some days and works fine others.  I have to restart my router every morning or when Ive left the house for a while.  My internet speed is shocking and not what I have been guaranteed so when I actually do get connected for a while my shows buffer.  It is insanely annoying and I am using up my data on my mobile constantly texting to fix the issue.  I was offered an engineer and by the time the appointment suited me the internet had been working fine for 3 solid days so I didnt want to waste their time and cancelled it.  I have done ALL the steps on the troubleshooting, I am close to the main socket, there is nothing around the router to block it.  I used to have zero issues but this is going on about 3 weeks now and its getting ridiculous!  I have been informed fibre is now available in my area so I really hope this isnt a ploy to get me to upgrade.  So so frustrating and disappointing! 

C.Clarke
0 Likes
37 REPLIES 37

Message 1 of 38

Hi Claire

I'm so glad to hear this 🙂

I've checked the connection stats again and the line is now in sync at 17mb.

Please let us know if you do experience any further issues.

Thanks

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

Claire861
Participant
Message 2 of 38

Good Evening! 

It has been so much better and i can use the wifi on my phone and stream movies at the same time again! So far, so good! 😊 

Thanks again for all the help!

C.Clarke

Message 3 of 38

Morning,

How has the connection/speed been over the weekend?

Thanks 🙂

0 Likes

Claire861
Participant
Message 4 of 38

Hi Debbie

Thats brilliant thank you! Will keep an eye on it but hopefully its sorted now, thanks so much for all your help and time.

Claire

C.Clarke
0 Likes

Message 5 of 38

Hi Claire

I just wanted to add, I have optimised the connection again since the engineer completed work and the line is now in sync at 11.2mb.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 6 of 38

Hi Claire

I'm so glad to hear this.

Please let us know how the connection compares.

Thanks

Debbie

Claire861
Participant
Message 7 of 38

Hi Debbie

I have just received a text to say an engineer has visited and fault fixed so hopefully this will be the answer. 

Thanks,

Claire

C.Clarke

Message 8 of 38

Hi Claire

The fault appears to have been assigned to an engineer this afternoon (external investigation)

I will continue to monitor this for updates.

Thanks

Debbie

Claire861
Participant
Message 9 of 38

Hi Debbie

No problem thank you.

Claire

C.Clarke

Message 10 of 38

Hi Claire

Thanks for your reply.

The line test is now detecting an external line fault. I have passed this straight over to Openreach to be investigated by a line engineer externally. This is not an appointment to the property at the moment.

I will keep monitoring this fault for additional updates from Openreach.

Thanks

Debbie

Claire861
Participant
Message 11 of 38

Hi Debbie 

Thank you! 

PM is the only time slot I can do on any day unfortunately.

I can do Tuesday or Wednesday next week but not both, if not available this Wednesday PM.

Many thanks

C.Clarke
0 Likes

Message 12 of 38

Hi Claire

Thanks for confirming your details.

I can request a visit for Wednesday, just in case this date is not available then please can you also provide a couple more days availability AM and PM?

Thanks again.

Debbie

0 Likes

Claire861
Participant
Message 13 of 38

Hi Chris

Have completed the information on the PM. 

Many thanks 

Claire

C.Clarke

Message 14 of 38

Hi Claire,

If you'd like to go ahead with the engineer visit can you please provide the information requested by Debbie in here PM 

Thanks
Chris

0 Likes

Claire861
Participant
Message 15 of 38

Hi Debbie 

Apologies I have been unable to respond due to being away with work.  I am off this Wednesday if there is any availability for an appointment then?  My internet is connected but is extremely slow and lagging again.  So definitely need someone to look at it as you say. 

Many thanks,

Claire

C.Clarke
0 Likes

Message 16 of 38

Hi Claire

Apologies for this.

As you have tested with 2 different routers, cables and filters at the test socket then the next step will be to arrange an Openreach engineer visit.

I'm just sending you a Private Message to confirm some details so we can arrange this visit.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Claire861
Participant
Message 17 of 38

Still an orange flashing light,  I have turned router off for over 30mins and switched back on again etc and still no change,  I want some compensation for this as this has been over 4 weeks now without wifi or intermittent when I rarely get a connection.  I have paid my bill for a service I have no recieved.  Please can you advise as i feel i have been very very patient with this.

C.Clarke

Claire861
Participant
Message 18 of 38

Hi Debbie

Im just home from a night away and came back to my router having an orange flashing light.  Therefore again, no wifi.  It is still connected to the test socket. 

Thanks

C.Clarke
0 Likes

Message 19 of 38
0 Likes

Claire861
Participant
Message 20 of 38

Hi Debbie

Perfect I will do! Thank you! 🙂 

Claire

C.Clarke