Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connectivity issue

Bighammerfan
Popular Poster
Message 11 of 11

Hi all. I have a problem were my broadband works but some things wont connect. I have cctv which is connected to the router via ethernet and i can watch that remotely. I also have several smart plugs which haved worked for a long time but now say 'offline' unless i connect to my home wifi that they are on then they work. I also have a  and a Honeywell wireless room thermostat which connects to the boiler wirelessly but, again, on my phone now says 'offline' and connecting to the home wifi doe no good.  Any help would be gratefully recieved.

Alan

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10

Message 1 of 11

Hi Alan

Please let us know how the connection compares with the replacement router.

Thanks

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

Message 2 of 11

No problem thank you

Alan

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 3 of 11

Hi Bighammerfan

Apologies, It appears that Karl had already placed the router order so this will go to your home address.

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Bighammerfan
Popular Poster
Message 4 of 11

I also meant to say my sky mini box wont connect to my Sky Q box which works fine

0 Likes

Message 5 of 11

Hi could you send it to my work address please ?

0 Likes

Message 6 of 11

Hi

I'll get the other model Hub out to you and see if this improves the wifi connection to your devices.

Thanks  

Karl. 

Check & Report l Our latest Blog l Set Your Preferences l Service Status l Help with your Service l Community Stars

Working From Home Tips

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

WEAR A MASK      -      WASH YOUR HANDS      -      SOCIAL DISTANCE

Message 7 of 11

I certainly haven't changed this myself

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 8 of 11

Sorry @Bighammerfan ssid is the name of your WiFi The abbreviation SSID stands for Service Set Identifier. This is the unique name that identifies a wireless network. It is in the packet header when a data packet is transmitted. The devices on the Wi-Fi network use this identifier for communications via the network.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes

Message 9 of 11

Hi. Thanks for the reply. No i haven't changed it and not reset it to my knowledge. What is SSID ? 

0 Likes

Divsec
Community Star
Message 10 of 11

Hi @Bighammerfan have you by any chance changed your router or reset it? If somehow the ssid has changed this would explain (I had this recently)

Your post has been flagged for assistance and you should hear soon but please remember that the staff here work office hours.

I don't work here and all my opinions are my own.
0 Likes