Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constant Disconnections

Gryphin
Team Player
Message 17 of 17

So lately (about 2 weeks or more) I've been having connection issues with my broadband, it started out every once in a while which didn't seem to be a problem.

The last few days though, I've barely managed to get on the internet. It can be online anywhere between 1 minute to 2 hours before disconnecting. It's gotten that bad where I barely have a chance to refresh the webpage before it disconnects again.

I run a health check on talktalk dashboard and it says this:

Your Stability
Our health check shows that your internet has been disconnecting.

Your Line Speed
Your Estimated Speeds: 61 Mb - 80 Mb. Your Actual Speed: 76 Mb.

Your Connection
We tested your connection and there are no known faults between our network and your home.

So is there anyway to fix this problem as now I'm unable to use internet, just posting this message took me 4* tries.

Update: I've noticed between midnight and 6 in morning, it get so much worse. Just trying to even get internet is impossible it's on for less than a minute and disconnects. Can't even watch a youtube video without it disconnecting 6 or 7 times in a single 10 minute video.

0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16

Message 1 of 17

Hi Gryphin, please let us know how you get on when you've replaced the faceplate.

Ady

Please log in to My Account if you need to view or pay your bill, manage boosts and track your usage. From My Account you can also check your connection and test your line for any issues in the Service Centre.

0 Likes

Message 2 of 17

Here you go. Other sellers are available.  🙂

Message 3 of 17

It says this on top "Master Socket 5C"

0 Likes

Message 4 of 17

What model/type number of master socket is it? If unsure, post a picture.

Message 5 of 17

Okay thanks I will have to look for one, last time I brought one off internet Openreach Engineer said that there no good and I should by anything except Openreach ones.

0 Likes

Message 6 of 17

Hi Gryphin,

We don't supply the faceplates on there own but they can be purchased at other retailers 

Chris

0 Likes

Message 7 of 17

No extension wires, nothing just faceplate with router plugged in.

Is there a charge for new faceplate? That you can send in post or something. As I don't need a engineer to clip it on the from lol.

0 Likes

Message 8 of 17

Hi Gryphin

Do you have any extension sockets wired to the face plate?

Our TalkTalk engineers can replace this for you or alternatively you can leave the router connected at the test socket.

Engineer charges

Thanks

Debbie

0 Likes

Message 9 of 17

Faceplate makes connection worse for some reason. Even in test socket it disconnect once in a while for less than a minute but least I can use internet now. 

How do I get a new faceplate and how much?

0 Likes

Chris-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 10 of 17

Hi Gryphin,

There's no problem leaving the router connected to the test socket if it provides a more stable connection. I would maybe monitor for a while longer at the test socket and then try with the faceplate back on to see if the connection becomes unstable again just to make sure that the face plate is definitely the problem

Chris

Message 11 of 17

No extension sockets, just the master/main socket.

0 Likes

Message 12 of 17

Hi Gryphin,

Thanks for testing this. If the stability has improved at the test socket then this would suggest a possible issue with the faceplate or internal wiring. Do you have any extension sockets?

Thanks

Message 13 of 17

Monitored internet for 32 hours and it only disconnection twice for less than two minutes. So does that mean the faceplate (or whatever) it's called is broken? Is it save to leave router plugged into test socket for now on?

Thanks for any help.

0 Likes

Message 14 of 17

Hi Gryphin

Thank you. If the connection still drops with the router at the test socket then we will pass this over to Openreach for investigation.

Debbie

Message 15 of 17

I don't use landline, but I plugged my old one in and it seems to be okay. I've just connected router to test socket, I had to use the microfilter adapter as the test socket is not ADSL.

I will let you know if I have anymore disconnects in the next 24 hours and see how it goes.

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 16 of 17

Hi Gryphin

I'm really sorry to hear this.

The line test has detected a possible fault.

Is your landline service working ok when making calls? Is the router currently connected at the test socket?

I can then pass this fault over to Openreach for further investigation.

Thanks

Debbie