Broadband help

For queries about your TalkTalk broadband service.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Constantly dropping wifi signal

Charlene88
First Timer
Message 10 of 10

My wifi is constantly dropping signal, it’s very frustrating. I never had any issues until I upgraded to fibre broadband, now I constantly lose signal on my wifi connected devices. Sometimes it’ll be 2 or 3 times a day, other days (like today) it’s dropping every 10 minutes. Is this a router issue? Is it possible to have a replacement sent out? I’ve tried resetting it, and switching between the 2 channels, but nothing makes a difference. Please help.

0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9

Message 1 of 10

Hi Charlene

That's great, thanks for letting us know.

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

Message 2 of 10

Hi Debbie,

I have been using the new router for a few days now and it’s been working perfectly. Thank you for the replacement, it’s much appreciated 😀.

Charlene

Message 3 of 10

Hi Charlene88

Please let us know how you get on and how the connection compares with the replacement router.

Debbie 🙂

0 Likes

Message 4 of 10

Thank you, I’ll check that out 🙂

Message 5 of 10

Hi Charlene88

No problem.

In regards to changing the wireless channel, this help page provides some further information

Change your wireless channel

Message 6 of 10

Hi Debbie, thank you that’s great! I will let you know how I get on with it once it arrives.

Message 7 of 10

Thanks for your reply Martswain. I’ve not tried changing the channel, how would I do that? No, not all devices disconnect at the same time. Wired connections are unaffected but anything connected via wifi has issues intermittently. The router light remains on.

0 Likes

martswain
Philosopher
Message 8 of 10

It could be Wifi interference.

Have you tried changing the WiFi channels and not just connecting to the different bands ?

Are LAN devices dropping connections at the same time ?

What does the indicator light on the router show when you have the disconnection ?

Debbie-TalkTalk
Support Team
Message 9 of 10

Hi Charlene88

I'm really sorry to hear this.

I have ordered you a different make and model of router for testing, please allow 24-48hrs for this to arrive.

Let us know how the connection compares with this router.

Thanks

Debbie